Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: GWS v Swans

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post

Are we the "Bluds"?
    I don't care what we are stevo if we turn up and play like we did today - that was some of the best footy we've played all season

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Towers to be 'traded'?

Not sure that will be possible.

But, as good a win as we've had for a while given the outs. Leaders excellent, Ted and Reg combo best for a few months, and some of the young uns like Jack and Rose more than did their bit.
    I was again impressed by BJ. I've been critical of him earlier in the year, as I couldn't see what he was bringing to the table. But a good run in the 1sts is giving him confidence, and he is beginning to reward us. I'd add Cunningham to that pack as well - he has been an immensely frustrating footballer at times, but his last month to 6 weeks has been very decent indeed.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I have never been so happy to be wrong! Wooh, that was a good feeling!

Ahhh, the future's looking Rosey.

Goes up to 11
    Wow - that was pretty good.
    Watching from a pub, but every time I managed to see passages of play I was impressed by our hardness, our desperation and our numbers at the ball. I reckon we may be back amongst it....

When we can come out and put in a 4 qtr performance like we did today considering all the first choice players that were out its no wonder that some of us on here get frustrated when we don't show up some weeks!

Fantastic performance today from the boys, the best 4 qtr game since the early away win against Port! Thoroughly enjoyed it! If we keep that attitude we can still do things in September!

Nice to see the newbie Rose to the occasion

It was good to watch - loving young James Rose in the no 1!!!

I thought Cunningham had his best game for the year. BJ did well too. Rose is something special - needs a few more pre seasons to build his weight up - but he has talent.

Reid had his best game for the year as well and Tippo showed how good he is.

I am a bit worried about Heeney - subbed off so hope it was only to rest him as he is such a great mark in our forward line.

Well done boys. That was a great win and badly needed percentage booster.

Veterans List
    Towers to be 'traded'?

But, as good a win as we've had for a while given the outs. Leaders excellent, Ted and Reg combo best for a few months, and some of the young uns like Jack and Rose more than did their bit.
    ...for a draft pick? I don't know, just let go then. He's not up to it.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

mind chgang

Towers to be 'traded'?

Yes agree, was a critic of Towers but he did a lot of good things today. Still a bit to learn but plenty to like about today's effort. J Rose,hmmm ,, interesting debut. May get a game next week?

Doubt there will be much complained about how we got a rough deal from the umpires this week, which means that likely GWS fans will be

Great game to watch as a Swans fan.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Ok, so deep breath, Rose has a season or two to go before he'll be a regular and have the tank.

But watching him, was trying to think of a 'like' player. So, does this work: the quick first few steps, good evasion, knows where the goals are, and with fitness, will be able to alternate between small forward and outside mid/wing = Luke Breust?

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast