Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toyota Signs Must Go!

I think these signs are far more noticeable while watching on TV than being at the game. I was there on Sat night and I didn't even see them. They are really designed for TV.

However, I am a realist and understand a sponsor wanting to get value for their deal. $10m is a hell of a lot of money.

And if it results in bigger distributions to the clubs so be it. Doesn't bother me

On the Rookie List
    Perhaps, I should have been more explicit but I was never talking about being at the game live. I'm only talking about television.

from Bart:
    I was there on Sat night and I didn't even see them.
    Of course you didn't see them, the lights were off.

Surely you saw them on Sunday afternoon at the game??

Originally posted by BBB
    from Bart:

Of course you didn't see them, the lights were off.

Surely you saw them on Sunday afternoon at the game??

Yeah thanks smart***

I was in Brisbane the previous week. check the date on my post

Doh!!!

Is the AFL hypocritical? They screw the downtrodden lot from Sleepy Hollow with Toyota, them have a big winge about Brisbane and Cadbury Schweppes interfering with Coke.

But I'm another with tunnel vision - been to both games, watched heaps on the tube and never noticed.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Originally posted by Old Royboy
    Is the AFL hypocritical? They screw the downtrodden lot from Sleepy Hollow with Toyota, them have a big winge about Brisbane and Cadbury Schweppes interfering with Coke.

But I'm another with tunnel vision - been to both games, watched heaps on the tube and never noticed.
    how have they screwed Geelong? Geelong, like all clubs will be recipients of dividends from the AFL through Toyota's sponsorship

the rules are cut and dried... the AFL allows sponsorships put in place by clubs BEFORE they have signed conflicting AFL deals (e.g. Geelong-Ford), yet do not allow club sponsorships that conflict with major PRE-EXISTING AFL deals (e.g. Lions-Schweppes). this is a form of ambush marketing and devalues the AFL brand.

where is the hypocracy?

just as the club is more important than the individual, the competition is more important than the club.
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12