Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Qualifying Final Freo v Sydney Pre Match Discussion

The cards are stacked against us.

But the pressure of expectation is all on Freo and I think we will win easily.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Attachment 1378

Interesting to note the emergencies experience. Freo 203 games, Sydney 3.
    And a few people have been lauding our depth.......

I think the forecast bad weather will help bring us a bit closer to Freo. We can tough this one out and win it but a lot will have to go our way...

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I think the forecast bad weather will help bring us a bit closer to Freo. We can tough this one out and win it but a lot will have to go our way...
    Might be time to reinvent the slingshot. Stack the backline and hope we can get them on the rebound. If Freo do the same it could be a nil all draw. I reckon its going to be ugly.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    I am amazed at the confidence on this thread and I am hoping I am wrong. But with Jack and Buddy out combined with a wet ground ( which we have a poor record on) I believe the Footy gods are not smiling at us. I be very surprised if we win. But I have been wrong before!!

The only players I have any question marks around would be Towers and Lloyd from a performance point of view and then McGlynn from a fitness perspective. I think BJ has earned his spot, just needs to watch his tackling (can be high) and maybe try and jag a few more goals. Towers I have high hopes for and I pray he shines this weekend. Lloyd's role appears to have changed from last year or maybe his disposal efficiency is just down. Would really love to have Smooch back to tackle the small forwards and I think we will be OK without Parker and KJ, Parker's grunt-work could be taken over by Mitchell and his forward presence can be taken by Heeney. KJ's had a lot of goal score involvements which will be missed but hopefully Benny will help in that area (with high frees and pinpoint passes into forward 50). And if Reid, Tippo and Pyke are clunking marks forward then I think Buddy will be covered. So I am hopeful at this stage

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Excuse me. They are taking those 3 blokes to Perth?

Just checked last week's 2's list. Very skinny depth indeed.

Marsh and Bird must be going season's end.
    I don't know. Rose is very handy. X wasn't that bad in the game he played. Started slowly but by the end was holding his own. Jack Hiscox is there for the experience that is all. Don't think he will get anywhere near a game. I think Rose will be first emergency. I was surprised they didn't pick Hewett.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Might be time to reinvent the slingshot. Stack the backline and hope we can get them on the rebound. If Freo do the same it could be a nil all draw. I reckon its going to be ugly.
    AFL Rule 37b states: "Should a final end in a nil all draw, the game will be decided by a Dance-Off"

I like out chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The cards are stacked against us.

But the pressure of expectation is all on Freo and I think we will win easily.
    Really?

A healthy, rested Freo will bring their high pressure, hard physical game style, that will be helped further by a wet slippery track.

With the outs we have, can we match them for 4 quarters?.....Unfortunately, I doubt it.

Having said that, it's backs against the wall, total underdog status...A natural habitat for the Swannies....It's a dream I'll stick with, but with little conviction.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

That muppet Chamberlain is umpiring? I'm not even going to bother watching the game. That flog will do anything to turn us over.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I don't know. Rose is very handy. X wasn't that bad in the game he played. Started slowly but by the end was holding his own. Jack Hiscox is there for the experience that is all. Don't think he will get anywhere near a game. I think Rose will be first emergency. I was surprised they didn't pick Hewett.
    sorry, but that doesn't make sense to me. If there are 3 warmup injuries or gastro or anything else keeping 3 players out, Hiscox gets a game. Also, if he's only there for "experience", couldn't they select, say, Bird, as the 3rd emergency & fly Hiscox over as well for experience?

Bird is probably going through some sort of match simulation in Sydney in case he's required in the coming weeks.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Regular in the Side
    The bigger problem is Dean Margetts is umpiring. We have already experienced his extreme home town bias.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast