Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Buddy (merged thread)

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Who knew Buddy had curly hair?
    Serious?
    Most indigenous people have curly hair.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

What I meant was that I have never seen Buddy with any length on his hair.
    I have seen him with short or no hair.

Great that Buddy can return to training, but the next two months are critical.

Having not trained in an organised football environment since August he would be potentially more susceptible to soft tissue injury in the pre-season.

The fitness experts face the day to day fine tuning to get him up to elite fitness (he has missed a lot of organised training) and not having him injure himself. It's this balance that could determine the success of 2016.

It must also be noted that any sort of injury setback has the potential to impact on his mental recovery.

It's a very important two months for Lance Franklin and the Swans fitness staff.

After watching Buddy's press conference yesterday I think he looks years younger than he did last year.
    Of course that is because all the stress and strain of last year has gone. He made comment on how the #37 saga affected him.
    He looks HAPPY. Long may it continue.

Veteran Site Admin
    After watching Buddy's press conference yesterday I think he looks years younger than he did last year.
    Of course that is because all the stress and strain of last year has gone. He made comment on how the #37 saga affected him.
    He looks HAPPY. Long may it continue.
    He looks years younger than he did last Friday night because he's shaved his beard off. Usually removes several years from the appearance of people (OK, men. I've not seen a big enough sample size of women before and after facial hair.)

Of course the absence of the beard has an affect on how he looks, as does the fact he has hair now instead of the shaved look, but I maintain he looks happy (he has a sparkle in his eyes) and he seemed much more comfortable in front of the microphone as well.

Senior Player
    Of course the absence of the beard has an affect on how he looks, as does the fact he has hair now instead of the shaved look, but I maintain he looks happy (he has a sparkle in his eyes) and he seemed much more comfortable in front of the microphone as well.
    It is good to see him doing media and looking comfortable. Guess he has to step up to the role of indigenous round spokesperson, as the sole remaining representative (I think?) There was some nice footage of him having a good laugh with team mates in the background of Hanners C7 post-match interview last week too.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    There was some nice footage of him having a good laugh with team mates in the background of Hanners C7 post-match interview last week too.
    That was funny, the footage in the rooms after the game showed how pumped he was.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

There is (a big surprise given the usual dribble he posts) a great article about Buddy on the AFL website today: How Buddy got his swagger back - AFL.com.au

Its so great to see him back, happy and enjoying his footy. He really is a special player and I'm just so glad to see him back in a good place after what happened last year.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Interesting article at the SMH too. Not sure how they reckon Buddy is 31 though, but good apart from that error.

Swans coach John Longmire played a key role in Buddy Franklin's recovery

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Interesting article at the SMH too. Not sure how they reckon Buddy is 31 though, but good apart from that error.

Swans coach John Longmire played a key role in Buddy Franklin's recovery
    A really interesting and frank article that - Longmire deserves a lot of praise for how he isn't trying to push it under the carpet. Interesting insight into our glorious 2012 team as well.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    A really interesting and frank article that - Longmire deserves a lot of praise for how he isn't trying to push it under the carpet. Interesting insight into our glorious 2012 team as well.
    Longmire deserves a lot of praise for his stance on this.
    I also love this bit;

The Swans board met on Thursday and again tackled just how the club should balance taking a stand on social issues such as mental health, same sex marriage, domestic violence and Indigenous affairs.
    "Do we take a leadership position with these things," said Pridham, " and potentially disenfranchise some of our members or do we say we're just a footy club and not speak up? The view of the board is that as the biggest sporting club in New South Wales we can and we should take the high moral ground on important social issues.
    "We don't force this on our players but we can and we should do the right thing and send a message to society.
    It's these off field things that really make me proud of our club
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks