Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253 LastLast

Thread: Season 2016 - early days

I'd have said UTS and Manly were both up there, but Manly were decent in div 4 on the weekend. Tbh haven't seen much of ECE play. Wests are always interesting.

Auburn obviously always took the number 1 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    I have to go against theme, but I always found UTS a bunch of arrogant xxxx's on the field.
    I am sure that like all footy clubs they are great blokes off the field, and generally nice blokes.
    But in my experience my hate list goes
    1. UTS
    2. Manly
    3. East Coast
    then daylight to the rest
    1. Manly
    2. Manly
    3. Manly

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Despite them dishing out many a hiding over the years, they were still a decent bunch of blokes. Mints, Zac, General, some of the Irish blokes were always up for a chat afterwards. Thainy and I had a love/hate relationship. He loved kicking goals on me, which I hated, and I loved making him earn them, which he hated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
    For the record, I, for one, have nothing against UTS. Tom Steinfort, Zac J and co are good blokes. We tried to get Waverley back in the day but it wasn't made available by the council. The UNSW on the other hand was keen for inclusion in the SFL and had better facilities at the time.
    Know how to make a man blush!

Surely Auburn goes to the top of the hate list? Never had the extreme displeasure myself, but seeing them from the boundary was enough.

I once told an Auburn player to settle down "I don't @@@@ing like your type" whats my type? "you @@@@ing aussies"

I work in the area, heck I'm the president of the auburn primary schools sports association but those guys were something else. Never seen anything like it.

Worst part was we always @@@@ing lost to them. Got sucked into their @@@@ and they would beat us. Bar 2012 we beat them by 40 odd at Mona and then they forfeited the return fixture but forgot to tell the caucasian players who turned up ready to play.

We played Auburn in Div 2 in 2012 at Bensons. The first leg at Mona was a vicious affair. They got wind of our Defence connection and told one of the Army boys 'drive home as fast as you can coz you're going to be stabbed'
    Anyway the return leg saw spot fires break out everywhere. I was playing up forward and the bloke I was playing on wasn't a footballer. Soccer shorts, shin guards, tatts up to his chin line.
    Jokingly, during one break to stop a fight, I asked him 'what do you reckon mate, want to throw a few at each other?' To which he replied completely deadpan 'better not bro I'm on parole at the moment'.

Needless to say I took a few safety steps to my left.

Auburn definitely gets the gold medal.
    Silver : Wests
    Bronze: Manly

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    We played Auburn in Div 2 in 2012 at Bensons. The first leg at Mona was a vicious affair. They got wind of our Defence connection and told one of the Army boys 'drive home as fast as you can coz you're going to be stabbed'
    Anyway the return leg saw spot fires break out everywhere. I was playing up forward and the bloke I was playing on wasn't a footballer. Soccer shorts, shin guards, tatts up to his chin line.
    Jokingly, during one break to stop a fight, I asked him 'what do you reckon mate, want to throw a few at each other?' To which he replied completely deadpan 'better not bro I'm on parole at the moment'.

Needless to say I took a few safety steps to my left.
    Sorry I forgot that scum, yep Auburn get the gold medal, what a great little pet project for the NSWAFL that was....

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Sorry I forgot that scum, yep Auburn get the gold medal, what a great little pet project for the NSWAFL that was....
    Could someone give me a history of Auburn? Were they formed by the Kassam family who used to be part of Parramatta?

Why are they not forming a men's team this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    I have to go against theme, but I always found UTS a bunch of arrogant xxxx's on the field.
    I am sure that like all footy clubs they are great blokes off the field, and generally nice blokes.
    But in my experience my hate list goes
    1. UTS
    2. Manly
    3. East Coast
    I think UTS players get maligned the same way as Michael Clarke. Michael always felt that he was unpopular in sections of the community because he was not the sort of guy who had a cattle dog chained to the back of the Hilux Ute. He dressed well, lived in Bondi, had a sports car and dated women involved in the fashion industry. The same for UTS players.

The vast majority of UTS players are not tradies, who drive a Hilux Ute with a cattle dog in the back. This is the accepted blue print for a Sydney AFL player. UTS players are white collar, live mostly in Bondi or Paddington, wear fashionable clothes, drink in Double Bay and in some cases drive fancy cars. This does not make them arrogant or bad people. Just different!

I have cheer the endorsement of Zac J, The General, Mints and Thainy. They are brilliant guys and the Sydney AFL has been better for their involvement in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Shannon View Post
    I think UTS players get maligned the same way as Michael Clarke. Michael always felt that he was unpopular in sections of the community because he was not the sort of guy who had a cattle dog chained to the back of the Hilux Ute. He dressed well, lived in Bondi, had a sports car and dated women involved in the fashion industry. The same for UTS players.

The vast majority of UTS players are not tradies, who drive a Hilux Ute with a cattle dog in the back. This is the accepted blue print for a Sydney AFL player. UTS players are white collar, live mostly in Bondi or Paddington, wear fashionable clothes, drink in Double Bay and in some cases drive fancy cars. This does not make them arrogant or bad people. Just different!

I have cheer the endorsement of Zac J, The General, Mints and Thainy. They are brilliant guys and the Sydney AFL has been better for their involvement in the game.

Ha - I cant stop laughing from your response Luke - are a real person or a stoge from ES/ UNSW?
    Based on your response let me reconsider my response.....
    1. UTS

Early contender and runaway leader for tosser of the year....

- - - Updated - - -

Could someone give me a history of Auburn? Were they formed by the Kassam family who used to be part of Parramatta?

Why are they not forming a men's team this year?
    They were, a disgraceful stain on the Sydney AFL landscape, not missed and never wanted back.

So, in summary, wankers? Michael Clarke was known as Captain Wanker. Like AB, but a wanker, not Grumpy.