Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi Final: Sydney Swans v North Melbourne Kangaroos

No Swans in the prelim finals and Goodesy gone. Congratulations AFL you got what you wanted.

Goodbye Goodesy! You were one of the few who had a go this finals series but the time is definitely right.

Hopefully young Mills turns out to be the player we all think he is because he's going to need to be to lift the side up next year!

And on Dunkley Jnr, I for one hope we dont draft him. He's another with average at best disposal. But then again, he fits the profile of what our recruiting staff like so no doubt he'll be another slow paced butcherer of the ball on the Swans list next year!

Geez I hope McPointy retires as captain and after tonight i'll be glad to see you gone Jetta.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It's been a crap season and I'm glad it's over. In the end we looked a shambles and we were. The quality of the game was worthy of Carlton-Melbourne match.

• I'm angry at myself for having spoken so highly of Lewis Jetta. I too will be glad to see him go.
    • Goodes is still close to our best player. I think he should retire nonetheless for his own well being.
    • Those last few games in the regular season flattered us due to the poor opposition. We were back to our usual poor decision making poor disposal selves that was on display most of the year. This team needs a serious shakeup for next season.
    • The trade ban and umpiring are not to blame. We've been a very ordinary team this year in a very ordinary year for footy in general. Will go down as one of the most forgettable premierships regardless who wins.
    • I hate ruckmen. What a waste of space. Get rid of Pyke and Derickx. Forget Leuenberger. Towers is our best ruckman.
    Spot on Ludwig.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    This is the way the season ends - not with a bang but a whimper.

Nor should that surprise anyone. I cannot believe the loss of perspective in some of the posts tonight. North are a decent team (won't stop them being flushed by WC) and with our significant array of outs we were always unlikely to win, and so it turned out.

It has been an up-and-down season, really exciting and efficient at our best, clumsy at our worst and mediocre all too often. Even so we were good enough to beat Hawthorn when we had a full squad - and not surprisingly lose when we didn't. It would be worth another thread to look back over the season - perhaps someone will start it.

Adam played a fine game to finish, including first and last goals of the game, and we are privileged to have watched him over all those seasons. Champion player, champion bloke, and our best wishes for the future. Also farewell to Rhyce - a good game tonight (not without the inevitable clanger!) and again we wish him well for whatever lies ahead.

If we can keep all our players on the park for most of the time the future still looks promising - but for heaven's sake practise kicking over the break!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It's been a crap season and I'm glad it's over. In the end we looked a shambles and we were. The quality of the game was worthy of Carlton-Melbourne match.

• I'm angry at myself for having spoken so highly of Lewis Jetta. I too will be glad to see him go.
    • Goodes is still close to our best player. I think he should retire nonetheless for his own well being.
    • Those last few games in the regular season flattered us due to the poor opposition. We were back to our usual poor decision making poor disposal selves that was on display most of the year. This team needs a serious shakeup for next season.
    • The trade ban and umpiring are not to blame. We've been a very ordinary team this year in a very ordinary year for footy in general. Will go down as one of the most forgettable premierships regardless who wins.
    • I hate ruckmen. What a waste of space. Get rid of Pyke and Derickx. Forget Leuenberger. Towers is our best ruckman.
    "The party's over its time to call it a day" Ive been a Swans supporter for a hell of a line and I can honestly say thank god that's seasons over. Sad to see Adam go but happy for him. What a true champion and very proud of the way he carried himself against the ugliness that's out there. They should be truly ashamed of themselves. Truly I wont miss jetta lazy bastard. I hate the Afl for trying to screw us to the wall. "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" or can we, we did in 2005

siiiigh just got back to the hotel & it's 11:57pm & I have to be up in just under 5 hours for my flight back for work.

I'm sad to see Shawrey & Goodsey play their last games. But I was there for their farewells.
    I am proud of the boys for their season. There were losses & adversity. But the club & the players stood as one & held their heads high with pride & stood by each other.

Many supporters will be hurting tonight. The players will be hurting more. There will always be hope for next year.

I am proud of the boys & the club.

Thank you for another wonderful ride. Hope there is an extra stop (or two) next year

Good night RWO

Warming the Bench
    Just on the game, can anyone come up with a good reason for why Jones was the sub?

Well as the 2015 season draws to an end for us, I can't deny that it's somewhat relieving as it is disappointing. This year feels a bit like 2013 and we really do have a few issues to sort out in regards to kicking and structure. On a positive note we do have a few young guns who, with experience, can provide an exciting future for our team. Congratulations and thank you to Goodes and Shaw for your services. I hope both stay with the Swans in some capacity off the field. I heard that Rhyce Shaw would become our defensive coach or something similar after retirement. Can anyone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by Panttz View Post
    Just on the game, can anyone come up with a good reason for why Jones was the sub?
    Not sure who else they could have chosen with the match ups as they no doubt hoped that young Rose would come in and provide a spark like he did against GWS. It didn't work but I'm glad they had the balls to give it a go. He'll be better next year for the experience and hopefully it drives him over the summer.

And Jones will no doubt be a regular next year with Shaw retiring so hope he has a big summer too like the rest of them! And it's goodbye and good riddance to the vest now anyway so he and Jetta have the pleasure of being the final swans in green and red!

The club needs a major shake up - and let's face facts, that was evident during and after lasts years GF. Many basic skills like just picking up the damn ball, is non existent at the swans now. Can't do much if it takes a player/s 2,3,4 goes out just picking the ball up. Jetta is lazzzzyyyyy - maybe he wanted to be released. Daniel Hannebery is to slowwww and grundy as well.
    OMG basically the clib needs a clean out. Too many blowouts now in recent history.

Goodes has been awesome for the club. Thanks for the memories Goodes!!

Better luck next year

Very disappointed with this loss.

Jetta and Pyke were both putrid. The sooner Jetta goes and the sooner we get a decent ruckman the better.

Jones, whilst young, cost us a huge amount of momentum with that brain fade of a kick across goal. I just don't rate the guy, is a battler but nothing special.

Tippett was awesome, finally starting to show why we paid him the big bucks. Goodes is just all class and will leave a huge hole in our team.

Onwards to next year. Given we were only missing 4 players of our best 22, time to go out and get some key personnel. Ruckman, young key position forward, key position defender and a small forward.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast