Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi Final: Sydney Swans v North Melbourne Kangaroos

Well the Kangas have set the benchmark. Resting half your team before the finals should be the new norm in 2016.

Senior Player
    Don't stress peeps we were never going to go all the way with jack Parker Reid and bud out.
    We reload for next year and take the extra draft points to nab mills

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    That's a positive I took out of the game. The defense worked really well. Rampe playing his ass off as usual. 30 possession game.

Kangaroos have a really, really good forward line from what I saw. The score should've been a lot higher. We rebounded heaps of times.

Not sure what's going on with our forward line. I just don't.

I suppose Tippett being used as a ruck because Pyke is so @@@@ is what's hurting us so badly in the forward line. If it weren't of the trade ban, we'd be right up there this year.
    Yeah, the score and game reflected the paper teams to be honest.

Pyke is done. He's so effing slow. Defensive pressure zero.

God we missed Sammy, he tries his heart out and chases hard.

AND THE TRADE BAN. The more I think about it the more ridiculous it seems. This topic has been done to death but maaan. Unbelievably unfair. Hopefully this result shows we DO need the ability to trade properly

Warming the Bench
    we need a high draft pick jetta to get mills
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

It's been a crap season and I'm glad it's over. In the end we looked a shambles and we were. The quality of the game was worthy of Carlton-Melbourne match.

• I'm angry at myself for having spoken so highly of Lewis Jetta. I too will be glad to see him go.
    • Goodes is still close to our best player. I think he should retire nonetheless for his own well being.
    • Those last few games in the regular season flattered us due to the poor opposition. We were back to our usual poor decision making poor disposal selves that was on display most of the year. This team needs a serious shakeup for next season.
    • The trade ban and umpiring are not to blame. We've been a very ordinary team this year in a very ordinary year for footy in general. Will go down as one of the most forgettable premierships regardless who wins.
    • I hate ruckmen. What a waste of space. Get rid of Pyke and Derickx. Forget Leuenberger. Towers is our best ruckman.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    A home semi next year might be a good idea. 31,000 - what a disgrace. Should have been at the SCG - end of story.
    Gerard Whately said on ABC Grandstand before the game that it should have been at the SCG, "there would be 50,000 there and the house would be pumping!" and added, "so we've all been let down a bit there.".......and we would have probably won as well! Good riddance to that crappy soulless arena forever. Edit; They're saying on ABC from the Swans rooms that Adam Goodes is teary and hugging Micky O and others and looks like this might be it for the great man. Sad way to end. CHAMPION FOREVER!!
    Last edited by stevoswan; 19th September 2015 at 11:30 PM.

Can't say I am shattered, disappointed yes, disheartened no. Didn't expect but hoping to win seeing the players out. Good points didn't have a 71 point thrashing when considered favorites, extra draft points for Mills and hopefully get Dunkley. The boys can have a few extra weeks to rest. The game plan will be scrutinized and re-jigged. Fingers crossed Buddy will be back bigger, stronger and motivated. I hope to see improvement in the younger players who debuted this season. All in all I am looking forward to 2016. Finally I hope that Goodesy has a great retirement and will be remembered and revered as a great of the club.

What did Mitchell do or not do that he copped that abuse from Longmire? It looked like bullying to me.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Chalbito, I know your motivation is good so not trying to argue but Goodes should be revered as a great of the game, not the club.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Chalbito, I know your motivation is good so not trying to argue but Goodes should be revered as a great of the game, not the club.
    I agree and I am sure he will be.

Warming the Bench
    Goodesy retired ????

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    looks like last game for goodsey judging by change rooms emotions. Never seen our backline look so disorganized. Not looking good for next year. I hope we get Leunenberger. but for $450 k I doubt it.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast