Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Team

2016 Team

There seem to be quite complex rules rules about Rookie payments in the current CBA, but this I think is relevant:

"Football payments to a Rookie:
    (i) while on the Rookie List; and/or
    (ii) while on the Primary List to replace a long term injured Player,
    shall not be included in the Total Player Payments of an AFL Club provided that if the Rookie remains on the Primary List when the long term injured Player is reinstated to the Primary List, Football Payments received by the Rookie in respect of the period after the long term injured Player is reinstated (�the date of reinstatement�) will be included in the Total Player Payments. Those amounts shall include a monthly pro-rata amount of the base payment calculated from the date of reinstatement and also include all Senior Match payments for Matches played on or after that date."

2016 Team:

B: Smith Richards Laids

HB: Jones Grundy Rampe

C: Harry Kennedy K.Jack

HF: Heeney Tippett Macca

F: Towers Franklin Reid

FOL: SINCLAIR Parker Hannebery

I/C: Mitchell, Lloyd, B.Jack, Rohan

emergencies: McGlynn, TALIA, Hewett, Robo, X,

Mills and Dunks will probably get a game in 2016 also
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Callum Mills - 2015 AFL Draft Prospect Highlights - YouTube

callum 2014

- - - Updated - - -

and he plays no13 which is Nankos

- - - Updated - - -

and most importantly do we let Heeney loose in the midfield in 2016 ?

Im starting to believe that with a season and a pre season under his belt and with his incredible skills he is ready......who misses out ?

I don't know what the round 1 side will be, but I think this may be the side at mid season:

B: Smith Grundy Talia
    HB: Rohan Richards Rampe
    C: K.Jack Macca Parker
    HF: Heeney Franklin Hannebery
    F: Tippett Reid Cunningham
    FOL: Naismith Mitchell Kennedy
    I/C: Mills Hewett Jones Towers
    emergencies: Lloyd McGlynn Robo, Newman, Laidler Sinclair

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I don't know what the round 1 side will be, but I think this may be the side at mid season:

I'd like to see that

Ok Ludwig here are my concerns but I am certainly not the oracle when picking teams

you've gone with a team with a fair few players out of their customary position and untried talent in Talia and SammyN starting ?

you left Sinclair out even though he proved himself very capable all season in a top 2 team?

Rohan has been a one game success off the HBF?

No Jones to start off the HBF ?

No lloyd ?

HarryC hasn't played much forward pocket but could do it no doubt but who will tag the best outside players in the comp with no Harry and then no Jetta for outside speed on the break........Not much speed in the midfield in general ?

yet I was bullish in placing BJ and Towers in the 22 to become the players I want them to be with their speed

PS does anyone else think Brandon could become a tagger / run with player on the outside midfield opposition players ?

I think dumbing down his role as they did for his brother many years ago could work a treat but big call for him to be able to achieve this role week in week out !

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    PS does anyone else think Brandon could become a tagger / run with player on the outside midfield opposition players ?

I think dumbing down his role as they did for his brother many years ago could work a treat but big call for him to be able to achieve this role week in week out !
    Yes, he could. He is very quick, can tackle and is a decent kick. I'd like to see more of him in the firsts.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Definitely some X factor in that side!

Yes, I'd certainly like to see Rohan having a dash off the halfback flank.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    2016 Team:

B: Smith Richards Laids

HB: Jones Grundy Rampe

C: Harry Kennedy K.Jack

HF: Heeney Tippett Macca

F: Towers Franklin Reid

FOL: SINCLAIR Parker Hannebery

I/C: Mitchell, Lloyd, B.Jack, Rohan

emergencies: McGlynn, TALIA, Hewett, Robo, X,

Mills and Dunks will probably get a game in 2016 also
    I'd imagine this would be the team that lines up round 1, except I'd imagine Longmire would put a fully fit McGlynn ahead of BJ and Lloyd.

There's two players I'd like to see given an extended run from the first round provided they tick all the boxes in pre-season and they are Towers and BJ.

I know I am his chief cheerleader but I really believe Towers has the ability to have a breakout season next year, he plays very tall (just realised he holds the combine stationery vertical leap record) and he is just something different to other players and we need his unpredictability, plus I just love his story and the way we have perservered with him. Horse said after his game against Gold Coast (I think) that what he does in training is quality and he just needs to believe he can do it in the match.

I like the idea of giving BJ the tagger role, I liked his late season development but next year could be make or break.

Zak Jones should continue his development and I'd hope he has first shot at Shaw's spot - he seemed to make some silly errors which he needs to rub out but next year will hopefully be the one where he plays 18-22 games and finally arrives.

I would think Mills will slot in pretty much straight away a la Heeney and I'd like to see Heeney off the half forward flank.

Talia's inclusion makes our backline look a lot more solid and I like the balance of a back 6 of Ted, Reg, Smith, Rampe, Talia and Jones but don't be surprised in Laidler's rises to the challenge and plays every game either, he is one of the most underrated players in the side and I just love the way he goes about his footy.

All we need then is for Hewett, Sam and maybe Abe to play 8-12 senior games each and maybe for Dunks to be knocking on the door and we'll have the depth that seemed to be missing a bit this year.

I hate off season

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast