Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pyke to announce retirement at B&F

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Pyke becoming a premiership hero and utterly embarassing Brian Taylor is one of the most satisfying football stories in recent memory.
    Absolutely - especially given the pivotal role he played on Grand Final day as well. Not only did he take that mark before the Goodes goal, he also booted the ball forward off the ground in the lead up to Malceski's sealer.

What an effort from Pykey to do what he has done, considering where he came from - champion bloke to go with it as well
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Mike Pyke is a true Swans legend. Should have won the Norm Smith in 2012.

One of my favorite players and a real cult figure. As already mentioned that soccer off the ground in the dying stages of the game was one of the reasons we won that year. A valued servant, who truly thought he could come this far?

I don't think the decision was hard for Pyke.

Working with an investment bank gives him the opportunity to lunch and dine with clients everyday of the week. He can enjoy his beers, his wine, his fine food and his bonusus. All on the corporate AMEX

The clients would love Pyke and he would tell some great stories.

He will go on investment roadshows to Asia where his banking colleagues would go on benders that leave AFL players in their wake.

It's all too much fun.

If he had stayed in the AFL it would have been physio three hours a day, ice tubs one hour a day and having to watch his diet all the time.

I wonder if he is teaming up with Leo Barry?

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Pyke becoming a premiership hero and utterly embarassing Brian Taylor is one of the most satisfying football stories in recent memory.
    Yes, who could forget that interview of Pykey and Mummy on the ground after the 2012 GF? Taylor's opinion of Pyke was brought up but Pykey dealt with it poise and class!

Thanks Pykey! Good luck for all future endeavours!

I like Pyke!

And he's been fantastic.
    Against all expectations he turned himself into a great afl player.
    I have a lot of respect for him

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by 6'2, 220, 4.53 View Post
    I don't think the decision was hard for Pyke.

Working with an investment bank gives him the opportunity to lunch and dine with clients everyday of the week. He can enjoy his beers, his wine, his fine food and his bonusus. All on the corporate AMEX

The clients would love Pyke and he would tell some great stories.

He will go on investment roadshows to Asia where his banking colleagues would go on benders that leave AFL players in their wake.

It's all too much fun.

If he had stayed in the AFL it would have been physio three hours a day, ice tubs one hour a day and having to watch his diet all the time.

I wonder if he is teaming up with Leo Barry?
    Leo works in domestic equities. From memory when Swans TV shadowed Pyke and Ted at Citibank, Pyke was working fixed income a very different kettle of fish. He doesn't strike me as a front of house person to be wheeled out in front of potential clients. He's a class act.

I can recall his debut game with the SCG crowd applauding his every contribution. A very special player and one of my favourites - like one B. Kirk got the most out what was available. I'll miss him.

Veterans List
    I watched the 2012 GF on Sunday to try and get over the Hawks win and I had forgotten how good Pyke was around the ground. The way he rucked the whole last quarter on his own was unbelievable! The commentators were praising him for most of the game.

Can't imagine how painful it was for him to play this year.

Quote Originally Posted by India'sDad View Post
    Leo works in domestic equities. From memory when Swans TV shadowed Pyke and Ted at Citibank, Pyke was working fixed income a very different kettle of fish. He doesn't strike me as a front of house person to be wheeled out in front of potential clients. He's a class act.

I can recall his debut game with the SCG crowd applauding his every contribution. A very special player and one of my favourites - like one B. Kirk got the most out what was available. I'll miss him.
    Well Merryl Lynch where Leo works, and Moelis (Andrew Pridham's company) where Pyke has been doing some work are in the same building in Sydney. So maybe their paths will cross

I'm beginning to wonder if the retirement story is correct. There's been no mention at B & F so far while Goodes, Shaw and Jetta have been mentioned. Bit odd?

Maybe Pyke is going to make the announcement himself. I think it will happen.

His agent said he was going to talk to Horse and Harley maybe they talked him out of it, if Sinclair or who ever we gets injured we have no true back up.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast