Thread: Lloyd Perris

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp

Lloyd Perris

I realise he has been de-listed but is there any chance the club will rookie him?
    Is he surplus to requirements now? Is he an outside or inside mid? If inside, then he has a long line in front of him.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    If they intended to do so, it would be strange for the club to publicly state they will re-rookie Marsh but then not mention it RE Perris.

I believe he was more of an inside mid, but wasn't overly big or strong. Admittedly I haven't seen him play much.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Might be a case of his injuries becoming too much going forward
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Veteran Site Admin
    He may also have declined to be retained on the rookie list for a 3rd year. I have no information whether or not this is the case. But it is a possibility.

Veterans List
    Or has another club said they will rookie list him, eg. Melbourne.

IMO Lloyd would be well served to step back for a year. Tear it up with St George and play the last 6-8 games as a top up in the NEAFL.

If he can do that then there's no reason why a club, hopefully us, won't have another a look at drafting him

Interesting to look back. In this article while they say he has great attitude and is a natural leader they also say he is prone to injury, lacks speed, and has poor disposal. Guess they were probably right. Certainly about the injury issues. Sounds a bit like Craig Bird.

http://www.boundforglorynews.com.au/...-lloyd-perris/

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    If they intended to do so, it would be strange for the club to publicly state they will re-rookie Marsh but then not mention it RE Perris.

I believe he was more of an inside mid, but wasn't overly big or strong. Admittedly I haven't seen him play much.

Perris was already a rookie whereas Marsh was on the main list not the Rookie list. There is a limit of three years for Rookies. The other thing is the club could not take the risk of upgrading him while others are way ahead of him. His history of ACL damage would have been the deciding factor. We are already carrying one player with ACL damage, we could no longer afford to carry two. AJ is a proven talent at AFL level whereas Perris is just starting out and has never played a game. I hope he goes back to the NEAFL, VFL, SANFL or WAFL and really does well.