Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The pre season begins !!!!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Just scanned the training pics and I must say that Callum Sinclair doesn't even look like a ruckman so I hope we knew what we were doing when we recruited him!
    He's 200cm and 99kg - I think he's off to a good start!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Who is the guy with the long black ponytail training with us? There was an article on AFL.com about next years potential draftees training with all clubs. We had one.

Remember when Lewis was the name we had 2 of. Now it is Callum. On our website there is a picture of Callum Mills training, (pretty sure it is Mills) but the caption says it is Callum Sinclair.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Who is the guy with the long black ponytail training with us? There was an article on AFL.com about next years potential draftees training with all clubs. We had one.
    I think you've answered your own question.
    Draft prospect joins Swans - sydneyswans.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think you've answered your own question.
    Draft prospect joins Swans - sydneyswans.com.au
    Looking at his name his history is Maori. Why aren't the press going GOO GOO over a Maori boy playing aussie Rules HaHa. They have over a lad from Pacific Islander descent, Asian descent, Sudanese descent and yet no fuss about this lad. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Looking at his name his history is Maori. Why aren't the press going GOO GOO over a Maori boy playing aussie Rules HaHa. They have over a lad from Pacific Islander descent, Asian descent, Sudanese descent and yet no fuss about this lad. Interesting.
    Wayne Schwass, Shane Savage and no doubt a few more that escape me have Maori heritage so this guy is hardly unique for the press to go GOO GOO over...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Wayne Schwass, Shane Savage and no doubt a few more that escape me have Maori heritage so this guy is hardly unique for the press to go GOO GOO over...
    Aaron Edwards

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Dustin Martin as well

Dustin Martin is not an example anyone should follow at this point in time.
    Hope he turns it around.

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Yep, those highlights bring back great memories. I went to Adelaide for that match but not with high hopes. And was gobsmacked at how good we were. Unfortunately we didn't replicate the same form all season. Though watching the video again makes me feel sad about losing Jetts - he did some amazing things in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Yep, those highlights bring back great memories. I went to Adelaide for that match but not with high hopes. And was gobsmacked at how good we were. Unfortunately we didn't replicate the same form all season. Though watching the video again makes me feel sad about losing Jetts - he did some amazing things in that game.
    Jetts will do some amazing things for West Coast also.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Jetts will do some amazing things for West Coast also.
    We may even see, for the first time, a fair dinkum race for the ball with Rohan and Jetts competing.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast