Thread: 2010 Game

2010 Game

I just watched the Round 19, 2010 game where Lewis Jetta kicked his first goal (after 19 behinds). A couple of things that I noticed that I may have forgotten.
    - How athletic Adam Goodes was at that time.
    - We had a forward line of Adam, Jesse White (he played quite a good game), TDL (also played quite well) and kicked a score of 129 points to 85 points.
    - Kelly Underwood was co-commentating and I thought she did a good job, although at the time I remember an awful lot of people didn't agree with me and a lot thought a woman commentator was not on.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    A forward line of Goodes, White and Dennis-Lane would be exceptional if they could all play their best game at the same time. Too often they would all go missing and that would be why none are still playing with the Swans.
    I have just had a peak at the stats for the game 2010_rnd19_Swans_vs_Hawks and add in McGlynn and Pebbles to the above and that is a pretty dynamic and quite unpredictable forward line.
    Yvonne, did Reg stand out in the game as much as his numbers did? 11 marks and the most disposals. Was he a "swing" man or did he play one-on-one with Roughead or Franklin?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    A forward line of Goodes, White and Dennis-Lane would be exceptional if they could all play their best game at the same time. Too often they would all go missing and that would be why none are still playing with the Swans.
    I have just had a peak at the stats for the game 2010_rnd19_Swans_vs_Hawks and add in McGlynn and Pebbles to the above and that is a pretty dynamic and quite unpredictable forward line.
    Yvonne, did Reg stand out in the game as much as his numbers did? 11 marks and the most disposals. Was he a "swing" man or did he play one-on-one with Roughead or Franklin?
    You're first paragraph has me a little perplexed. You think Goodesy often went missing?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    You're first paragraph has me a little perplexed. You think Goodesy often went missing?
    To be fair he has gone permanently missing from our list now..... by choice and due to being a hobbled old codger.

From memory he did well on Buddy for about 3/4's, then Buddy finished up kicking 4 goals, 4 behinds (as Buddy does).
    Defenders are like umpires. If they are doing a good job they are not noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    I just watched the Round 19, 2010 game where Lewis Jetta kicked his first goal (after 19 behinds). A couple of things that I noticed that I may have forgotten.
    - How athletic Adam Goodes was at that time.
    - We had a forward line of Adam, Jesse White (he played quite a good game), TDL (also played quite well) and kicked a score of 129 points to 85 points.
    - Kelly Underwood was co-commentating and I thought she did a good job, although at the time I remember an awful lot of people didn't agree with me and a lot thought a woman commentator was not on.
    A good commentator is hard to find. All have their faults. I can listen to Huddo and thats about it.
    Kelly Underwood was fine, but her voice was nasally. She's on a par with Dwayne Russell vocally. Nothing to do with being female.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    A good commentator is hard to find. All have their faults. I can listen to Huddo and thats about it.
    Kelly Underwood was fine, but her voice was nasally. She's on a par with Dwayne Russell vocally. Nothing to do with being female.
    It was definitely her voice, that and her over use of "Excitement machine!!!"
    My dad's dog used to bark every time he heard her commentary
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    To be fair he has gone permanently missing from our list now..... by choice and due to being a hobbled old codger.
    Did you not watch our final against Fremantle? Or am I missing sarcasm?

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    I was mainly referring to the other two mentioned but when Goodesy played as as a forward he was not as consistent as when he was on the ball.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017