Thread: James Rose contract extension

James Rose contract extension

Good news! 2 more years.

SuperFooty (AFL) on Twitter: "Sydney Swans have extended young forward James Rose's contract for 2 more years. https://t.co/4BuaEQlXxo"

- - - Updated - - -

Video up on swans site also http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2016-01-05/seed-planted-as-rose-signs-on
    Using Tapatalk

He seems stoked too. I like Rose - a good forward prospect. I know Parker is out of contract at the end of this year isn't he? Are there others?

The player who also stands out in that video is Adam Goodes. He is everywhere, both in the play and in encouraging and supporting Rose. I miss Adam already and the season hasn't yet started!

Veterans List
    I know a lot of us on here like the look of Rose but the club doesn't sign a player for two extra years unless he is really coaching staff. Don't forget that he mainly played reserves for Sturt in the SANFL so it was a big step up to AFL level last year but showed he has the ability.

If not best 22 this year, certainly by next year and I like the skill set he brings to the forward set up.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I know a lot of us on here like the look of Rose but the club doesn't sign a player for two extra years unless he is really coaching staff. Don't forget that he mainly played reserves for Sturt in the SANFL so it was a big step up to AFL level last year but showed he has the ability.

If not best 22 this year, certainly by next year and I like the skill set he brings to the forward set up.

For us to go better this season Rose has to be part of the new energy.

It is an interesting signing early but this certainly provides confidence for the player

Maybe like the towers signing that the club sees potential for a particular role in the reduced interchange environment ?

Rohan, Rose and towers all can play similar mid tall high marking roles and all 3 are fast !!

Probably all 3 on modest salaries relative to the AFL Snr players which compliments our overweight salaries in buddy Sam and tippo