Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
Which clubs do we think will be the improvers and fallers this year?

Rising
* Melbourne
* GWS
* Geelong
* Collingwood

Falling
* Essendon (Bwahahahahaaha)
* Richmond
* Port Adelaide
* Fremantle

I can see Brisbane and St Kilda both having reasonably dire years but 2017 should see them start to improve. Carlton may rise slightly and whilst Gold Coast will win 3-4 games more they'll still be way off the pace.

North should stay around the 8th - 12h spot and Adelaide and Bulldogs could step up I guess. Geelong should make the 8 but I don't see the massive step up many are predicting as they were actually quite poor last year.

So, in summary I think West Coast and Hawthorn are the two standouts and that we are also right up there. Can see the Doggies perhaps taking the next step. GWS's progress will be interesting
I think this year is Norf's last chance with the current bunch to be perfectly honest. I think Geelong will improve a fair bit, but like you Mug, I don't think the rise will be big as many are predicting - I'm not sure Dangerfield is the missing piece they think he is.

West Coast will be tough to beat if they don't suffer a hangover from going so close last year, the Hawks of course will be there or there abouts, we should be pushing for Top 4 again, and Freo won't be going away (but again, it is almost last chance saloon for them, and they may fall a bit).

Doggies will be an interesting one - at their best, they are a very good team, but what they need to do now is lower the gap between their best and worst.

As for the expansion clubs , Gold Coast will improve some what, and so will GWS, but I'm not convinced either will make the 8.

Bombers for the spoon in my book, given the list of top ups is pretty ordinary, and the players missing include their best players.