Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 1 Match Day Thread. Sydney V Collingwood SCG.

Senior Player
    Just saw the Buckley press conference, he didn't even acknowledge the Swans. Poor form.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Great to watch. Jack was terrific along with Kennedy, Parker, Hannebery and Mitchell. I lost count but thought Tippo had more of the centre bounces while Callum the Great was more often up forward.
    Callum the Less had a good game, as did Hewett but I wouldn't be surprised if Papley got the rising star points for this one. All the debutants were great to watch.
    Wonderful to see Buddy back in good form with good showing from the younger players we are relying on - Cunningham, Heeney, Towers, Jones, Lloyd and Robinson.
    The defence wasn't tested as they will be by other teams but that was partly because of the terrific pressure applied further up the ground. They had a generally solid game and worked hard, with the odd moments of brilliance and farce. If Rampe was a bit more consistent with his kicking he would be a genuine star; Laidler was solid, Grundy and Smith were mostly pretty good, Talia got better as the game went on and I'm happy to see him out there.
    The injured and others are going to have to earn their places.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    That was terrific wasn't it. Very little to complain about. Even fatigue in the last and umpires trying their best couldn't get the Pies into it Thought all the new guys were great especially Papley. Just great intensity at the ball (the Kirk effect?) Thought Tippett went well in the ruck, great to see Bud back and firing. Can't really ask for much better than that round 1.
    Yes, well if our new forwards coach had a bit to do with tonight's forward pressure, then you have to give Kirk a big tick so far.

A player that wasn't acknowledged much was Tippett played a great game in the ruck 32 hit outs great tackling pressure looked like Mummy there for a second pushing people around great to see.

Hewitt really impressed me with his marking and tackling had 7 tackles second highest after Tommy

Think its important to remember that our defence wasn't tested because the ball wasn't in our 50 much but when it was we did look shaky. In saying that Jones is taking over from Shaw very nicely similar speed but a better kick

Would expect Robbo to miss out next week for McVeigh McGlynn has to fight for a spot now with Paps (another great find by Beatson) Teddy and Talia is interesting to see what happens Talia was ok if we want him to be our KPD next year makes sense to leave him in the side

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    depth is a worry????Richards,mcglynn,reid,mcveigh and rohan missing. our depth did pretty well only beat Collingwood by 80 pts
    It's the latest cutting-edge form of humour, called "sarcasm". A whole new world is about to open up to you Gazza. Enjoy.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    ....can't wait to see the game on Tuesday and joy oh joy for the red exploding face of Maguire after that result.
    Be careful what you wish for. Maguire is nothing if not spiteful, vengeful and influential. Given tonight's success with Papley and Hewett he'll probably try to have us barred from future Rookie drafts and retrospectively barred from the 2013 draft. And given that Dill-on is his bitch, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if his campaign was successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. Maguire is nothing if not spiteful, vengeful and influential. Given tonight's success with Papley and Hewett he'll probably try to have us barred from future Rookie drafts and retrospectively barred from the 2013 draft. And given that Dill-on is his bitch, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if his campaign was successful.
    My brother was wondering if chins will blame the venue change, the COLA or the academy. Or a combination of all three.

By the way, how bad was Brian Taylor's commentary tonight, even by his own abysmal standards? Apparently the only reason Collingwood lost was the recent drug disclosures. Swans wouldn't have got over the line otherwise. What a dismal clown he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Yep, I'm expecting Eddie to launch a Pap smear.
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

On the commentary was Zac Jones called Matt Jones at one point? if so it adds to Mark McVeigh, Heath Shaw and Ben Reid

250.90%
    Gotta love that percentage.

Where was Eddie?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    My brother was wondering if chins will blame the venue change, the COLA or the academy. Or a combination of all three.
    The Pies' criticism of the change in ground for tonight underscores what a bunch of pricks they are. It's a home game and we played it at our home ground. What gets me the most, is the fact Collingwood will play their next four games straight at the MCG.

On tonight's performance, wow. We completely dominated them in every area of the game. What I liked the most was the sustained pressure we applied. Basically beat them into submission. Whenever there was a loose ball, there were between 3-5 pairs of Swans hands reaching for it. When we had it, we moved it quickly.

Papley - wow. Keep that up please.

Heeney applied huge pressure but needs to learn patience in the forward fifty and use his fellow team members, not his boot.

We also have a serious issue with kicking (and I'm not just talking about shots on goal).

Outside that, superb effort ll round.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast