Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 3 V GWS.

This may not sound right:

Your best 22 players don't necessarily make your best team.

So far the current 22 are playing some of the best footy we've seen from the Swans in over a year. It is fair enough to question the opposition so far. The real test will come in the next 3 weeks. Maybe this group will fall flat on its face an we'll have to have a rethink about all this. We should have a better idea of how we're going by Sunday morning.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I agree that at this stage it is really important to give Robbo, Towers and Hewett extended runs. For mine Hewett is pretty safe, he is just a very sound all round footballer and has taken to senior footy like a duck to water.

Macca I'd be dropping Robbo reluctantly, maybe not a direct positional switch but you'd shuffle a bit. For mine if Robbo can get 10-12 senior games into him this year as injuries arise then his development will be tracking very nicely.

Reid I'd be thinking Towers, even though I rate Towers.

Rohan I'd keep in the twos, as I would McGlynn and Talia (when fit) until they could force their way back through either unbelievable form in the 2s, an injury or a player slipping form wise. Rohan has gone missing too many times for me, he was one of our worst in 2014 (I'm still so effing angry about that game) and he may well be first emergency for a while. I'm a fan of the gopher but for mine it's him or Papley and as long as Papley plays like he has been he is going nowhere.

Reality is that we've had very few injuries to date and opportunities will open up for all these players though.
    Agree - Rohan has become almost Jetta for me!

So much potential, so little actual output!

Until he string together 10-12 games in the seconds which are elite, no way.
    doof-doof

This weekend is massive, a win and we are really looking good for the season ahead.

Everyone talks about the GWS list but look at our midfield brigade - Jack, Parker, Hanners, JPK, Mitchell , Mills, Heeney, Hewett. GWS will need to bring their A game because we are suddenly looking very strong. If we can hold them down back then I believe we can win

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Towers out. Mc Glynn in. Wow

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    Towers out. Mc Glynn in. Wow
    This is a little disappointing

Not a very like for like swap. I wonder how it will affect the team's balance. Maybe Longmire was worried about experience?

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Getting ready for trench warfare. McGlynn is a fighter. Towers is a lover.

It's disappointing for Towers, but I can understand the change. Dean needs to stick more of those tackles when he's right next to the ball carrier. It's too easy to step around him, especially given his athleticism. A key for us against GWS will be to restrict the run out of defence which has been well orchestrated by Shaw and Wilson. I wouldn't be surprised to see Benny locking down on one of those guys.

The change gives us a bit of a window into the match committee's thinking. A high priority has been placed on locking the ball into our forward 50 and pressuring the opposition into mistakes.

While, it's good to see Benny again, I do feel a bit sorry for Towers, as he has certainly improved since this time last year and he has been playing his role.

Glad he's back
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Regular in the Side
    Not real happy. We have gone too small in the forwards. Mills, Lloyd Cunningham and Papley as the forward flanks and pockets (Dwarf). Towers has been OK and Benny is a huge risk.

I don't generally comment on ins and outs.
    I'll mention who I would like to see come in, or who I think shouldn't come in, but that's about it.
    The club sit and go over and over match ups and rotations etc and decide on the team based on the opposition.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast