Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it already Killing Season 2016 (List Management) after 2 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Heppell is a quality player but I would rather that they make play for Hurley as we need a replacement for Teddy. We have plenty of quality mid-field players on the roster.
    I'm not sure we'd be in the race for Hurley but I guess if he was keen to come up here it would be a great one-off chance to get a prime player in a position we need and not pay anything in terms of drafting. I'd also look at our first rounder this year getting the best available KPD as we're pretty well stocked for mids and forwards these days

We can't be na�ve about our cap space and if we want Hurley then even with the new TV deal we'd probably have to ship out one decent player. Ted would shift some space but we'd need more than that. Personally I'd be preferring Reid to be traded than Tom but one of those two could be a salary cap casualty. And if we did trade Reid we'd be getting a gun KPD in his place and a first round draft pick at the very minimum which we could take in 2017 when we'll need the trade currency for the next batch of academy graduates.

I'd be very very surprised if we are not sniffing very very closely around Hurley and we could be the ideal destination for a player looking at re-building his career.

You would never waste a 1st rounder on a defender. Leave that to Richmond.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    There are several younger top ups in the Essendon side that are showing enough to get drafted at the ND. Of interest to us must be KPD Hartley a NSW boy. Essendon have no rights on these guys and if they want them must draft them the same as any other team.
    Don't think Hartley is a top up. He was previously on Collingwood's rookie list, but was drafted by the Bombers at the last draft.

It's far too early to be projecting our needs for next year. Our tall defender stocks are rightfully under question, but as the year rolls on we may find it's not such a problem at all. Talia looks very capable of filling Ted's spot and would be my choice if not for his injury. It was good to see the weeks coming down on Talia, who is now listed at 4 to 8 in the injury list. Aliir seems to be getting good reviews and will hopefully get a chance to show what he's got at AFL level sometime soon. I would love to see him play on Josh Schache in 2 weeks time and perhaps the following week against Essendon. If he comes through then we have the core of our future defense right there.

Sam Reid has had his injury and consistency problems, but I still think versatile players like him are very hard to find and wouldn't be looking to trade him. Hurley is a very good defender, but why waste a big chunk of our salary cap if he's not really needed. Let's not forget that Abe Davis is developing well and is likely to be challenging for a senior roll in the not too distant future. He's probably better as a forward, which would allow Reid to play in defense or on the wing.

I like the early signs from Melican. He has good skills and pace and looks a decent prospect. And who knows, AJ might get lucky this time and will be all fixed up and ready to go next year.

If we do want to add to our key defender stocks we will have a first round pick and no academy players to choose from this year. There are a few good prospects that should be available when our turn comes, including Jarrod Korewha, who trained with us in January and looks to be an athletic type we see in the modern defender.

If we do go after a listed player, I would be looking at GWS. They will have a hard time fitting in all of Davis, Corr, Marchbank and Haynes into their defence. I don't know what will happen with Tomlinson and Stewart as both will have problems finding a spot in their side and are likely to be looking for opportunities elsewhere. And GSW will also be adding 2 additional talented KPPs from their academy this year in McCreadie and Sproule, both rated 1st round picks. But the one I would be looking at is Jeremy Finlayson, who was a late pick from their academy in 2014 and is developing very nicely as a quick athletic tall defender, but surely won't find a place in their young talented defence. He probably wouldn't cost all that much. The Giants keep needing to make space for fresh talent.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Hurley was allegedly seen having lunch with McVeigh and Tom Harley...we must be somewhat interested.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Hurley was allegedly seen having lunch with McVeigh and Tom Harley...we must be somewhat interested.
    Wow! When? Where? Wouldn't you think that they'd be more discrete about it?

Bulldogs found Marcus Adams in WAFL so good young defenders are out there - just need need an opportunity

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Sam Reid is a must player to keep!

Big men take big time to develop.

He showed, until injury, he was more than capable of winning games for us.

2012 GF, had some great moments; same with the QF against freo.

We just need to wait, and reap the benefits !
    doof-doof

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Sam Reid is a must player to keep!

Big men take big time to develop.

He showed, until injury, he was more than capable of winning games for us.

2012 GF, had some great moments; same with the QF against freo.

We just need to wait, and reap the benefits !
    I'd like to see us develop him into a tall defender like his brother. He just needs an injury free run to maximise his undoubted potential.
    Swannies for life!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    What is the source for this Conor?

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Found a thread on Big Footy from last Friday. Allegedly in Melbourne Cafe but we were in Adelaide!!!!!. Admiralty Rating E4.

I think with the solid performance over the weekend, Nankervis will convince the Swans mangement that he can slot nicely into that 3rd or 4th ruckman position on the list.

AA looks like he is leading the race to pick up another contract ahead of X Richards. I think only one will be at the Swans next year.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast