Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 5 Match Day Thread Swans V West Coast 13.45pm SCG.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I didn't boo Lewis but when he was lining up for goal I did call out "You've missed from there before Lewis - this time miss it for us."
    I yelled "kick like you did last season"

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    While it can be seen as being hypocritical, there was a major difference between the malicious booing of Goodes and the booing of Jetta on the weekend. Jetta was booed for leaving us like most ex-players are (and it didnt help that he had a terrible final series with us and didnt seem to care) where as Goodes was booed for racial reasons and as a clear remark of tall poppy syndrome.
    That's my two cents, take of it what you will.
    The last time I booed an ex player was John Pitura in the 70's. IIRC he was the first player to leave a club for "big money". Was about the biggest story in the game's history. If it happened that a player left under a cloud and had bad mouthed the club etc then I probably would give him a raz. But Lewis left for all the right reasons and we did a fair and top trade for him. To me to boo him because he is a ex player is mindless. So Craig Bird is the next target? Maybe someone could round up a group of reprobate Swans supporters and plonk them on the wing to boo Craig every time he runs past. You know, like parents at junior footy who boo the umpires for the sake of it. It will be interesting because most people on here, and it is a fair litmus test of how Swans supporters feel, were happy for Craig to go as he wasn't going to get a game here. So he should get spared the boos.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    The last time I booed an ex player was John Pitura in the 70's. IIRC he was the first player to leave a club for "big money". Was about the biggest story in the game's history. If it happened that a player left under a cloud and had bad mouthed the club etc then I probably would give him a raz. But Lewis left for all the right reasons and we did a fair and top trade for him. To me to boo him because he is a ex player is mindless. So Craig Bird is the next target? Maybe someone could round up a group of reprobate Swans supporters and plonk them on the wing to boo Craig every time he runs past. You know, like parents at junior footy who boo the umpires for the sake of it. It will be interesting because most people on here, and it is a fair litmus test of how Swans supporters feel, were happy for Craig to go as he wasn't going to get a game here. So he should get spared the boos.
    Craig was told to leave where Jetta chose to leave and made it clear he didn't want to play here.

On a side note it's good to see Bird in the best few bombers on the weekend. It's going to be a hard year for him.

Veteran Site Admin
    Craig was told to leave where Jetta chose to leave and made it clear he didn't want to play here.
    Did he? Or did he just want to live in WA, where he and his partner have their families.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Did he? Or did he just want to live in WA, where he and his partner have their families.
    That is exactly the reason that Jetta went to WA. His wider family is obviously very close knit.

�In the end, the decision was made purely on my kids and my fiancee. Our kids are growing up too quickly and I wanted for them to have what I had when I was young � playing with my cousins and friends and with Nan and Pop just around the corner."

Jetta also talks about the booing of Goodes in this article published in January this year.

Footy star Jett has no regrets - The West Australian

Surely any booing of Bird would be ironic....

Or totally moronic if done with any degree of seriousness or venom

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    That is exactly the reason that Jetta went to WA. His wider family is obviously very close knit.

�In the end, the decision was made purely on my kids and my fiancee. Our kids are growing up too quickly and I wanted for them to have what I had when I was young � playing with my cousins and friends and with Nan and Pop just around the corner."

Jetta also talks about the booing of Goodes in this article published in January this year.

Footy star Jett has no regrets - The West Australian
    Thanks for the link Meg - a clear message from Lewis and exactly as nearly all Swans fans have seen it.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Surely any booing of Bird would be ironic....

Or totally moronic if done with any degree of seriousness or venom
    I'd definitely go for moronic. It reminds me of years ago, when it came over the effects microphone, that a few people were booing Adam Schneider. It did sound like about ten people in a crowd of thirty thousand, but still I thought, 'My god, who are these morons?' I mean, if there was ever a man who didn't deserve to be booed for leaving the Swans, it was Schneids. First game for St Kilda against the Swans: he was probably still deciding, on which wall of his new house he was going to put his childhood Swans posters.
    Last edited by dejavoodoo44; 27th April 2016 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I didn't boo Lewis but when he was lining up for goal I did call out "You've missed from there before Lewis - this time miss it for us."
    My booooooo when someone else is lining up for goal is legendary where I sit.
    My mocka is not to be reckoned with... 9.5 times out of ten, they miss.
    This time, I boo-ed AND said hit the post.
    The rest, is history.

Love it when m mocka works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    If Birdy is lining up for goal.... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

You people just don't get it, do you? All of your hand wringing is quite amusing.

It's PERFECTLY ok to boo at the footy.

The umpire makes a bad decision... boo.
    Your player plays for another team... boo.
    Opposition player playing dirty... boo.
    Opposition player lining up for goal... boo.

The ONLY time it's NOT ok to boo at the footy is when you are just turning up to play the game.

Seriously, you should all stop being so precious about booing.
    It's ruining the game day experience.
    (Well, not mine, but you get my drift.)
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

On a side note it's good to see Bird in the best few bombers on the weekend. It's going to be a hard year for him.
    +1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    You people just don't get it, do you? All of your hand wringing is quite amusing.

The ONLY time it's NOT ok to boo at the footy is when you are just turning up to play the game.

+1 for you too.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post

Amen sister!

Talk about a mountain being made out of a molehill (in this case).