Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
Controversial AFL umpire displays Hawthorn banner on his Twitter account | Sporting News - NFL | NCAA | NBA | MLB | NASCAR | UFC | WWE | Sporting News

To me this just confirms what we've suspected all along. Also with umpires like Stevic.

Not a grand conspiracy, but I honestly believe a few umpires are corrupted by their past allegiances and needs to be investigated. I'd wager Langford has something to do with it.

A lot of idiot Hawks fans on facebook are banging on about how they thrashed teams like us in their Grand Finals therefore, the umpiring makes no difference.

On the contrary, in four of the last three preliminary finals they've played in, the games were decided by less than a goal. We probably should have been playing against Adelaide and Port Adelaide in each of our 2012 and 2014 Grand Finals if the Prelims were umpired in a fair way. Both games had VEEEERY questionable umpiring decisions.
Those Prelims are really where the Hawks got their just desserts for their years of worship to the Umpiring gods. In particular 2012 - they were so very lucky to get through Tippo's last game for the Crows (before he escaped the asylum). 2014 was not far behind.