Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Round 6 - May 7-8

Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post
    Uni # 1 Oval was in splendid condition - well, that is, apart from the areas around the ground that were inexplicably saturated - wtf was going on there, it was another perfect Autumn day, 24 degrees and drenched in sun ... we haven't had rain for weeks? Not sure if that was a ploy by the SU groundsman to negate the Dragons run, not really necessary when you are playing the game on a rugby pitch, I would have thought ...
    Yeah, we asked the grounds staff to water the pitch down to stop the almighty St.George Premier Division juggernaut. Perhaps you'd prefer it if we slapped a synthetic cricket pitch in the middle like the picturesque Olds Park? That's good for player safety I hear.

With the NEAFL bye, and the benefits that flows through, SU were fielding a strong side, however, they failed to keep pace with a skillful Dragons side in the first quarter.
    We had a hatful of Under 19s kids playing their first senior game, another young debutant who last year was playing Div 3 and another few players that have played barely a handful of Premier Division football. I don't think this was a particularly strong side given that we had about seven or eight blokes unavailable, even allowing for Spence and Kane (who was playing his first game of the season). Anyway, good luck to Saints - they play a decent brand of footy and look to be one of the teams to beat.

Cheers justa, likewise, you could take on the social page reporting, always good to know "who's up who, and who's not paying"! ... yes, they do a good job with Lady's Day at Gore Hill, very impressive!

As for NEAFL players, unconfirmed, and I happily stand to be corrected, but I was told that they can play 4 players down when they have the bye?

Noticed Krochmal and Kane Murphy out there, but I don't pretend to have a handle on the who's who of their NEAFL list to say if there were any others.

I wouldn't expect any of their guns to be doing anything more than resting up when they have the bye, but it does take a lot of pressure off resources, and it would be logical that every grade benefits within your club when the senior side has a week off.

Interestingly, although I didn't notice them, surely their entire NEAFL squad, coaches and hangers on, were there yesterday cheering the Prems. on ... after all, they are the Leading Community Football Club in Sydney ... no?

... maybe they were hiding behind the trees ... or maybe they were watching their "local" clubs play (pretty sure there's plenty of North Shore and Penno boys playing there - they might have been the ones swelling the crowd at Gore Hill) or maybe they just had no interest at all ... like the rest of Sydney AFL feels about NEAFL, but that's another story.
    Given that the NEAFL side travel every other weekend and train three or four times a week for little to no compensation, I think we can live with them getting away from the club when they have a bye. But I'll let them know that an anonymous bloke from the internet was sorry not to see them there. I'm sure they would have gotten a thrill out of seeing the famous St.George Premier Division side come all the way from Penshurst.
    Last edited by The Student; 9th May 2016 at 03:13 PM.

Gee Student a bit touchy today......

Should have applied the anaesthetic before we touched those raw nerves!

The Student doth protest too much, methinks!

Should have apeplied the anaesthetic before we touched those raw nerves!

The Student doth protest too much, methinks!
    Or you may have just slipped your own brain into gear instead of adding churlish and as you admit, uninformed comments to what could otherwise have been a decent update for readers. For a poster who's always bagging Sydney AFL for its leadership [lack of] you've let yourself down there. Move on from your childishness dude, there's no need, Mug Punter has it covered generally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Move on from your childishness dude, there's no need, Mug Punter has it covered generally.
    They have a saying at the zoo..."don't poke the bear". That sounds like a plan, to me.

We're a third way through the season. I think the top 4 teams on the ladder are already breaking from the middle ground with a 2 game lead from Penno(yet to have their first bye) St George and East Coast are also yet to see a bye as well. This should see North Shore and UTS equal out with St George and East Coast if they can keep up the pace.

For those in final positions who is the most likely to drop out of the race? and for those outside of the 5 (please correct me) who is most likely to turn around a slow start and snatch a spot in the finals?

At this stage I'd still think Manly and Penno will be there.

Probably ECE, St George, Penno, UTS, Manly for mine. That said, this weekend St George v UTS is a pretty big one. If UTS win surely they jump up into second fav, st george third and penno 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Or you may have just slipped your own brain into gear instead of adding churlish and as you admit, uninformed comments to what could otherwise have been a decent update for readers. For a poster who's always bagging Sydney AFL for its leadership [lack of] you've let yourself down there. Move on from your childishness dude, there's no need, Mug Punter has it covered generally.
    Wow, didn't realise there were so many thin skinned NEAFL fans out there ... thanks for your input too! ... wtf???

Couple of big games this weekend
    St George vs UTS
    Nth Shore vs Manly
    Will go long way to determining places.

Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    Couple of big games this weekend
    St George vs UTS
    Nth Shore vs Manly
    Will go long way to determining places.
    If UTS win, it will put them at the top? Considering St George yet to have a Bye.

Likewise with North Shore, if they defeat Manly (@Manly) it will push manly at least 3 games back from the peloton.

What a weekend ahead we have indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by mrns View Post
    If UTS win, it will put them at the top? Considering St George yet to have a Bye.
    If they win, they go equal on points. St George for an against is 616-306 (+310). UTS is 467 to 367 (+100). Would need to win by 106 points to jump ahead of st george on FA (I get we go by percentage, my maths isn't that good through).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast