Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 7 Match Day Thread. Sydney V Essendon. SCG. 4.35pm

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Shannon View Post
    If Davis makes a senior debut then he has beaten the odds. He was taken at a pick in the 70s (like Jesse White). Players taken that low in the draft rarely make it.
    Players on just the Swans list currently, taken below 70 in the National Draft (in their original draft year) who have played at least one game of senior AFL footy:

Jack
    Rampe
    Jack
    Cunningham
    Grundy
    X Richards
    Lloyd
    Laidler
    Smith
    Papley
    Robinson
    Naismith
    McGlynn

He's got a few role models to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Our bogey team.

Though, Rance is still out, right?
    No, he is back against us

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    No, he is back against us
    So it might be three weeks in a row that we play a team back into form.I think the Lions had 45 more possessions than they have had in any other game. The Bombers said that the first half was the best they have played all year.

Why us - can't they just beat up the premiers?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    So it might be three weeks in a row that we play a team back into form.I think the Lions had 45 more possessions than they have had in any other game. The Bombers said that the first half was the best they have played all year.

Richmond will probably have their best side for the year playing next week, so would expect them to put up a good fight. It's natural for teams to get up when they face the best opposition. We do. However we go against the Tigers, I think we will be up for the Hawthorn match the following week, and expect they will too.

Probably the thinking going through players' minds is 'how hard do i have to go to beat these guys' and then turn the dial up to meet the circumstances.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post

The 'Eddie hatred factor' has permeated through all the other teams it seems.......even Leppitch's post match rant had an air of Eddie in it, it makes you sick.

Senior Player
    Eddie was disgusting last night in his wrap up, he said something along the lines of "Franklin, Tippet and Heeney, their three controversial recruits in recent years, all had great games." He just can't let it go and has to keep provoking and trying to create ill feeling towards the Swans.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Leave aside everything else he did, and it was awesome, but I think I'm still wetting myself over the tap over the shoulder to Cunningham in the middle. Oh man

One thing that stood out last night was the outstanding field kicking of Dane Rampe. That bullet to Heeney in the 1st quarter was out of this world.

Although the leg can be inconsistent, I'm thinking that his kicking can become as good as Malceski's.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Shannon View Post
    One thing that stood out last night was the outstanding field kicking of Dane Rampe. That bullet to Heeney in the 1st quarter was out of this world.

Although the leg can be inconsistent, I'm thinking that his kicking can become as good as Malceski's.
    He is quickly becoming on of the best medium defenders in the comp and his composure has improved enormously, there was a stage last year where he was making quite a few errors but he has tightened that up without losing his attacking and adventurous style of play. He is incredibly consistent and he does have an absolute peach of a left foot.

He's been an enormous bonus pickup for us, much like Papley this year and I'm prepared to say that if he keeps up his form that an All Australian selection is not out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Leave aside everything else he did, and it was awesome, but I think I'm still wetting myself over the tap over the shoulder to Cunningham in the middle. Oh man
    Yes, Heeney is a wonderful footballer and athlete but what amazes me is that as a teenager (now a 20 yo), and with such little AFL experience, he has such a clever, intuitive football mind. Just lovely to watch. I imagine Buddy must be delighted to have him alongside.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Eddie was disgusting last night in his wrap up, he said something along the lines of "Franklin, Tippet and Heeney, their three controversial recruits in recent years, all had great games." He just can't let it go and has to keep provoking and trying to create ill feeling towards the Swans.
    Just distracting from Collingwoods poor performance under Buckley. An appointment Eddie was directly responsible for.

Also, can't blame us for recruiting Jesse White. That was their own fault. We knew for years he was useless, if they had bothered watching any of our games they would have known.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Bud Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Absolute stars.

And I am getting to the point where I'd add Rampe: he has improved in leaps and bounds, both literally and figuratively!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast