Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 8 Match Day Thread. Richmond V Sydney. MCG 19.25 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Towers didn't lose us that game. Allowing Richmond to kick 5 goals at the start of the last quarter is what lost us that game. The 3/4 time lead should have been unassailable. Our midfield with the exception of Hanners and Lloyd were @@@@e tonight.
    This is right, although Towers was crap, but so were just about everyone. Hanners was excellent and Tippett did well, but where were the rest of our inside ball winners? We shouldn't have to depend on JPK. Mitchell, Parker and Jack were awful against a side missing Cotchin.

Why did we bring in Towers and Hiscox when Rose, Jack and Davis have been playing so well?

One the worst games I've seen Reg and Ted play. And Buddy, for all his incredible goal kicking, gave away some really silly frees and made plenty of mistakes.

So much poor play on our side it's hard to know where to start.

This is how I thought we would be playing this year before the season started, then got lulled into believing we were actually good.

Veterans List
    You can't blame Towers for that loss. Need to look at the number of turnovers that cost us goals. The same thing happened last week.

Can't believe we lost to Richmond in Melbourne yet again!! Never fails.

Veterans List
    It's so nice to have our 2012 Grand Final team back again. I haven't seen them for ages.

Regular in the Side
    It's not the first time we've served up a win to the opposition by not being able to ice the clock. Am sure I remember Leaping Leo playing villain one night with a very sloppy kick across the ground. Yes it's a pressure situation but crikey, think man, think.

Dean Towers senior career is over at the Swans. Despite being angry and frustrated throughout the game I'm feeling surprisingly calm now that's its over. Feels like one of those moments where they may have won the battle but they have not won the war. Round 23 should be intense.

This loss could really hurt us going forward considering the next month of games...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    i think its kind of pathetic really blaming an individual. As a team we just weren't good enough. We probably deserved to lose by more if you consider Richmond's wasteful set shot kicking for goal.
    Last edited by snajik; 14th May 2016 at 11:19 PM. Reason: missing consonant
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Dan Hannebery is our heart and soul and should be made Captain, a real leader who shows his leadership every game.

Hiscox was absolutely shocking. Weak as piss in that final play, just standing there watching rather then tackling!

Towers had a good game but not kicking it to Buddy cost us the game. Dumb.

Was really impressed with Cunningham in the 2nd half. His best game for the year.

Mills should never be allowed to kick out from full back again.

Heeney, Hanners, Tippett and Buddy dominant as usual.

Tough loss.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Have to think that their strategy of holding the ball was to keep our extractors away from it. Mitchell and Parker well down. Hannas exceptional, and Heeney is all class.

Was a good game, high intensity the whole way and few errors decided it. Towers missed a critical tackle that led to a Martin goal as well as the brain fade at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Towers didn't lose us that game. Allowing Richmond to kick 5 goals at the start of the last quarter is what lost us that game. The 3/4 time lead should have been unassailable. Our midfield with the exception of Hanners and Lloyd were @@@@e tonight.
    Heeney was good on the ball too. But yes, Mitchell especially was hopeless. Defence were poor. Lots of passengers. Hiscox not ready for the big league, BJ would have been a better option I feel. So pissed off, why didn't we milk the clock when we had the ball in the wing with a minute to go. Kick back , sideways , eat up a minute at least. Nar lets bomb it long to a contest and give them every chance to get an out the back rebound .

On the positive side, Hannebery was brilliant, Cunningham did a good job of shutting Deledio down after half time and Franklin's kicking was a joy to watch. Who knows how many he would have kicked, if Rance was being umpired in the same manner as Grundy.