Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: (Not so) sweet caroline

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Must have been at the start of the quarter time break in order to play the song just before the end of the break.

As IF said two of the other choices were Love is in the Air and Hotel California. The other option was Livin� on a Prayer which they ended up playing during one of the other breaks anyway

The percentages shown on screen were meant to be �live� but they seemed to jump around randomly.

That snap poll tonight was an absolute joke. A rigged vote with insufficient time to process what was going on with an appalling choice of alternatives. Hotel Frigging California WTF or a ballroom bloody dancing song by that ponce JPY. It was a joke.

No up there for Sydney, not one of many many Aussie anthems that would have been more appropriate than the dross they served up.

It was all designed to give them the result they wanted and now the muppets that want this song can point any dissenters to their dodgy poll and say it was voted by popular demand.

Jenny from membership, whoever designed that �Poll� tonight should be ashamed of themselves and I dare you to respond on here to that absolute farce at quarter time.

It was an insult to the intelligence of everyone their tonight and I am disgusted by it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    The great majority of the crowd at any Swans game of the last few years have sung along and seeemed to enjoyit.
    Noone sings it where I am and all I hear are moans about what a stupid choice it is

Happy and I know it
    The vote was at the beginning of quarter time (it was announced over the PA and the phone number to text was on the scoreboard). All the people around me in the Brewongle cheered when Sweet Caroline was announced the winner and sang along happily.

Just shows there are thousands of Swans supporters who are not on RWO.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

What a load of drivel.
    I seriously hate this song, and I seriously hate them playing it at the game... no one "sings along", they just want to go NAH NAH NAH.
    Why Up There for Sydney wasn't a choice in the mix screams to me that the vote was rigged to begin with.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Papernick View Post
    That snap poll tonight was an absolute joke. A rigged vote with insufficient time to process what was going on with an appalling choice of alternatives. Hotel Frigging California WTF or a ballroom bloody dancing song by that ponce JPY. It was a joke.

No up there for Sydney, not one of many many Aussie anthems that would have been more appropriate than the dross they served up.

It was all designed to give them the result they wanted and now the muppets that want this song can point any dissenters to their dodgy poll and say it was voted by popular demand.

Jenny from membership, whoever designed that �Poll� tonight should be ashamed of themselves and I dare you to respond on here to that absolute farce at quarter time.

It was an insult to the intelligence of everyone their tonight and I am disgusted by it

- - - Updated - - -

Noone sings it where I am and all I hear are moans about what a stupid choice it is
    It was a complete sham. Sweet Caroline already had votes registered on the screen even before it was "opened" to the public. This is of course as you mentioned a vote of it and three other bad songs options, all presented and decided on in a total time of two minutes. The club staff had clearly already made up their mind and just wanted a fake poll to justify their decisions. Really disappointed in the club as it shows a total lack of care for genuine fan engagement. Putting it simply it seems they don't really care what we think as they know best.

Quote Originally Posted by lorakf View Post
    It was a complete sham. Sweet Caroline already had votes registered on the screen even before it was "opened" to the public. This is of course as you mentioned a vote of it and three other bad songs options, all presented and decided on in a total time of two minutes. The club staff had clearly already made up their mind and just wanted a fake poll to justify their decisions. Really disappointed in the club as it shows a total lack of care for genuine fan engagement. Putting it simply it seems they don't really care what we think as they know best.
    It was a complete sham.

All you can do is what I have done is email Swans member services and let them know how you feel?

Pushing for Selection poundpuppy's Avatar
    Totally agree ... I'm very disappointed in our club as it seemed they just wanted to be able to justify their choice by saying it won a poll of members and I suspected it was going to be rigged when the screen briefly showed SC ahead before voting even began. There was more people singing Living on a Prayer around me (probably because we were at that stage of the game!) than I've ever heard singing Sweet Caroline ....
    Lord, help me to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
    And if there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went!

www.paws.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by poundpuppy View Post
    Totally agree ... I'm very disappointed in our club as it seemed they just wanted to be able to justify their choice by saying it won a poll of members and I suspected it was going to be rigged when the screen briefly showed SC ahead before voting even began. There was more people singing Living on a Prayer around me (probably because we were at that stage of the game!) than I've ever heard singing Sweet Caroline ....
    Cmon Jenny, we know you lurk on here.

Would love a club response to that pile of @@@@ we had to deal with at quarter time

Goes up to 11
    Plenty of people in and around Bay 3 were singing along and they seemed to enjoy it. Not that I really care either way - just an observation.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Papernick View Post
    It was a complete sham.

All you can do is what I have done is email Swans member services and let them know how you feel?
    Would love a club response to that pile of @@@@ we had to deal with at quarter time[/QUOTE]

Jenny is on leave, but either way, I think some comments re: members services and Swans staff are a bit harsh. I agree, I don't like the song (I completely missed the poll on Sunday), but let's chill out a little. Definitely contact member services with your concerns but I'd counsel against tearing the joint down, typically that gets one nowhere.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

You won't find me with much to say on this from now on.

The club is stupid.
    When your core supporter group has so many issues, it's something you look at properly, just to appease the fans.

Aside from that, I would have expected them to do this regardless (assess the song) purely in terms of how the club is being branded, and compare to how they want to be seen.
    The Wobbles played a MEtallica song, which I think pretty much sucks, but it's still better than what we have.
    As I've said before, just look at the music that is played before ad breaks on the live telecasts.

It. Doesn't. Have. To. be. A. Singalong.

It's not a camping trip around a fire at night, it's an adrenaline packed, fast paced, exciting game.
    Just use a song that reflects that.

And now I will do my best to ignore this topic.
    Some people, (the club) you just can't get through to.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Unfortunately there do seem to plenty of people in the Churchill Brewongle area that enjoy it. So sadly bland.

Whats wrong with three minutes of quiet to see what players are going where and get fired up for the bounce?

There is so much distorted yelling and thunder that I had no idea there was a vote or anything intelligible being conducted at Q time

and there were 2 more garbage pop hits (actually a bit of Garbage might be good) at the other bounces too. I think thats new?
    Last edited by bodgie; 3rd April 2018 at 10:23 PM.