Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Giants Swans Derby Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I spent my $72 on a swans guernsey.
    Money MUCH better spent.

- - - Updated - - -

Geez Barry.
    Are your arms sore from drawing that long bow.
    Are you for real?
    Have you got a link to the statement that GWS is most swans supporter's second team?
    A link? ..... to wikipedia ?

As a swans supporter, I cant find a reason to hate GWS. Rivalries arent build on perceived underfunding of grass roots footy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Absolutely right. And who was behind that move?
    If he was of american indian heritage, he would be known as "many chins".

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Just as I thought.
    Unsubstantiated drivel.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Money MUCH better spent.

- - - Updated - - -

Geez Barry.
    Are your arms sore from drawing that long bow.
    Are you for real?
    Have you got a link to the statement that GWS is most swans supporter's second team?
    They're mine. I doubt it's true overall though. I just love having another team in Sydney to barrack for (except against us). A good mate of mine is a Giants fan and the respect between both of us and our teams is great. The pre-game banter this week will be great fun and we're going along together. That's what it should be about.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Goes up to 11

As a swans supporter, I cant find a reason to hate GWS. Rivalries arent build on perceived underfunding of grass roots footy.
    I agree with you there - indifference perhaps, bordering on disdain. But not some sort of manufactured hate that the AFL want to engender to help justify GWS's existence.

- - - Updated - - -
    As a Swans supporter, I myself don't have a "2nd team". If I did, it wouldn't be GW$. As a Victorian, a second team in Sydney is just competition for market share for only club I love. As a football fan, I'm glad they've been given enough support so that they aren't belted every week. But equally as a football fan, Freo did it tough for a long time; they had a few good years recently without the premiership & now they're back to being belted every week. Surely that club needs as much help as GW$? As a football fan, I'm concerned that if/when all of the early draft picks & funding to GW$ start to pay massive dividends, it will create a near unstoppable juggernaut. As a fan of a club that struggled for decades to achieve much success, I've seen that this adversity bonded many supporters to the club, so that in 2005, the supporters - old & new - rejoiced as one together & with the club.

I don't begrudge GW$ their success. But I equally don't want it any more than I want any other club to be successful (as ultimately, another club's success is, at least in part, at the expense of our Swans). I'd just like to see them earn it like Freo, StKilda, the Dogs etc are trying to do. Blood, sweat & many tears along the way.

Just my opinion for what it's (not) worth

- - - Updated - - -

Money MUCH better spent.
    Club gets the $

Warming the Bench
    Support posters who don't "hate" GWS.
    5 Swans premierships per decade would more than satisfy me. Of the other 5 - would like to see Giants win 1.

Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    Support posters who don't "hate" GWS.
    5 Swans premierships per decade would more than satisfy me. Of the other 5 - would like to see Giants win 1.
    So which clubs do you allow us to "hate"?

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    So which clubs do you allow us to "hate"?
    My post related to those who don't hate GWS. You & "us" can hate whoever u like.
    (I dislike Collingwood - love to see them lose!)

Just wild about Harry
    The problem with a "manufactured" club like GWS or Gold Coast is that they dont have a history and therefore a soul. Compare that with Port Adelaide (for example) who was able to bring a lot of their background (but not all - I know) to the club. I wonder if the AFL ever thought of taking one of the older SFL or SFA clubs like Parramatta, Liverpool or Campbelltown and rename them slightly to reflect a larger area? That would give them a certain amount of history, and paint them as a rags-to-riches club who now plays in the AFL.

I wouldn't say I have a second team, but do enjoy watching good clubs play an exciting brand of football. The Giants and Bulldogs fall into that category.

I think it's great that GWS are playing a good brand of football and look near certain to play finals this year. I would love to see a legitimate rivalry grow between the Swans and the Giants like the one they have in Adelaide. It's the best thing that could happen for NSW football.

Do people have "second" teams?
    That's just weird.
    You either follow your team or you don't.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    I might be wrong, but weren't the Crows a "manufactured" club also. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a SANFL club called Adelaide prior to the Crows joining the AFL. And while I am it, the West Coast Eagles??? I know Freo have a WAFL team tie up, but the Weagles?. Seems to me the AFL has been dreaming up clubs for awhile now. Has Freo been a success? This year will be their 22nd year without a flag, and currently they are in brutal battle with the Bombers to avoid the wooden spoon.