Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd.12 Match Day Thread. GWS V Sydney. 4.40pm at Spotless.

What's up with Luke Parker? Shadow of his form in Rounds 1-5! Needs a rest.

And this game is a classic example that we need height in the backline and forward line- PLEASE Horse!! Need to look at bringing in Ted, Sammy Reid and Nankervis (for an injured Tippett) next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, Schmitt is really quite MacLarenesque. That's assuming the game you had in mind was the one we lost by two points, with a 33 to 10 free kick count, and in which MacLaren's contribution was something like 16 to 1.
    Bingo, that's the one.

Any news on Tippett?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    Bingo, that's the one.

Any news on Tippett?
    Of course, if we want to look on the bright side: if there's going to be some sort of genuine derby type rivalry between the two clubs, then there probably has to be some genuine dislike of GWS. I think that I've achieved that today.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    ...Cunningham just doesn't like it hard. Not a stat that quarter. When he is near a contest he fakes participation.
    Whatever you think of the rest of his game he didn't look soft when he tried to tackle a rampaging Mummy in the first quarter. He may have been brushed aside but he didn't hesitate when it was his turn to go.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Not surprised by the outcome, but sad to see how seriously deficient our skills are.

Cunningham just doesn't do enough. I'm losing patience with him.
    Lloyd had another poor game. We really depend on his skills, but he's become so inconsistent from game to game. He gets bowled over too easily and is just kicking to nowhere.
    I'm beginning to agree with barry that McVeigh has become a liability and needs to play in the reserves to see if he can recapture some form.
    McGlynn also not much value. Once Papley is fit, the swap is on.
    Parker's game has been way below the standard of the first few games.

We need to generate more run and quicker ball movement out of our backline. I think we have a spot for another LTIL rookie elevation, which I would give to Newman. I've been happy with the way Marsh has been playing. He's been a good inclusion. We may have to bring Naismith in for Tippett. I would give Aliir another go as well. His ressies form has been solid. Abe Davis could be worth a go as well. And perhaps Reid will be ready for senior footy next week.

It's sad to see the ice pack on Rohan's hamstring yet again. It could be season over for him and maybe even career over given his inability to get through more than a handful of games uninjured. I was counting on him being a big part of our future.

The Giants were far from their best today. They will get better and will be hard to beat in September.
    With the high pressure close in footy from the top teams there is no place for the likes of Cunningham and McGlynn rarely produces when the heat is on. He might look rough and tumble but in reality he fails the one on one test. 7 possessions is just not good enough. I am no great fan of Towers but he has to be a better proposition than HC. Frankly the sooner we get Mills into the midfield the better. I thought Parker was very disappointing and the game too fast for him. Even if Mills played an on ball run with role he would add value to the midfield.

Peeps, I don't often get involved and I am not making excuses but seriously, the criticism is over the top. We lost, probably along with Bud and Hanners, our most influential player in Tippo + we lost Gaz at half time. We were coming off an absolute slog against the GC and the umpiring was "disappointing" to say the least but not unexpected in the GWS 100th game. Plus they were amped for the big occasion of having a 21k crowd mostly of our supporters! The commentary, albeit GWS bias was better than Derm and the Pig. We are a lot better than what we showed today but clearly leg weary and down on personnel. On the upside I thought Jones was great and I really like Marsh's composure under pressure, I am not sure getting Ted back is the best idea as I like the balance I our backline at the moment. It pains me to say it as I have been reading others commentary about both McGlynn and McVeigh, but I am being consistently disappointed with both. Rampes is channeling Leo at the moment, absolute gun! Paps and Mills both provide more upside alongside Bud and on the half back line than our two warriors, and should get game time priority moving forward. By the way, did anyone notice how we missed George's cool head going inside 50 rather than blazing away, he is going to be a player and hope he is back this week. Don't lose the faith all as we are on the right track, if only we had beaten Wretchmond!!

We may well have lost to this years premiers..

GWS were very good.
    We were really bad.
    Serious lack of desire and effort.
    Unable to make space and find and hit targets.
    Umpiring was really bad, but didn't impact the result of the game by a long shot.
    We were out coached and our setup was a bit of a shambles.
    Oppositions are on to our midfield and learning how to shut it down and work around it.

McVeigh watch: thought he was one of our better players today, but he played as well/poorly as he usually does, just that most of those around him played even worse.
    Rose stood up, but didn't deliver as he should have
    Grundy was excellent
    March was good
    Our time came for injuries
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Dont blame the umps. The giants swarm amazingly well and they don't seem to have a slow player at all. Cameron and paton are either injured or ordinary.

I count 5 mcveigh kicks to giants players. Could have been the difference. Horse moved him forward so his turnovers weren't so costly.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Senior Player

Rnd.12 Match Day Thread. GWS V Sydney. 4.40pm at Spotless.

Liked Jones. Thought Sinclair went OK in at least the first half. That was about it. Umpiring didn't lose it but Schmitt is atrocious.

Highlight was the guy kicking into the tires at 3/4 time.
    Last edited by neilfws; 12th June 2016 at 09:34 PM.

The hungrier side won. Im not worried about the odd loss in such a wide open season

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

On the veteran's list
    Tippett hamstring behind the knee - Longmire says "significant" injury
    Rohan Bleeding from a corky into the Hamstring - Wait and see
    Reid hurt his calf in the ressies. - need to see scans

Great night!
    Last edited by The Big Cat; 12th June 2016 at 09:39 PM.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast