Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd.12 Match Day Thread. GWS V Sydney. 4.40pm at Spotless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Barry has a point on McVeigh. As I see it he is getting the ball just as much as last year, so it is not age or fitness; he is slaughtering it way too much by foot. For whatever reason he is now chip kicking sideways and to a contest or a small man who is either outnumbered or out of position. Or he turns back into play and tries to hand pass. He has certainly slowed down and gets himself into trouble. Trouble is other players seem to be following suit, often inexperienced players. If he is now doing this rubbish at this stage of his career we are way better off with him up forward. We need penetration off half back not stuff ups through the mid filed.
    I agree his (Macca's) form isn't great. It's just Barry's form is far worse. He whines more than a Richmond supporter when their season ends in disappointment. Barry just doesn't let up. It's tiresome. Statistically Macca wasn't our worst tonight. If you listen to Barry harping on, you'd think Macca had the stats of Paul Chambers' first few matches. [Yawn]

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    I don't think he would have pulled the tendon off the bone otherwise the docs wouldn't have been prodding around in the general area of the soreness. The muscle would have been half rolled up his leg.Attachment 1520
    That was my point. With Tippett walking around unaided after the game, it's more likely to be a low/mid- grade strain of the distal tendon or muscle. No guarantee, but more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    I agree his (Macca's) form isn't great. It's just Barry's form is far worse. He whines more than a Richmond supporter when their season ends in disappointment. Barry just doesn't let up. It's tiresome. Statistically Macca wasn't our worst tonight. If you listen to Barry harping on, you'd think Macca had the stats of Paul Chambers' first few matches. [Yawn]
    You cant handle the truth.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Play of the day was the guy who won $100,000 kicking it into the tyres at 3/4 time.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Play of the day was the guy who won $100,000 kicking it into the tyres at 3/4 time.
    LOL...I reckon! My Mrs and I just looked at each other prior to him having the kick and said, "As if he will get that!"....amazing kick!
    Swannies for life!

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    GWS were very good.

Umpiring was really bad, but didn't impact the result of the game by a long shot.

Agree with this. The umpiring was quite possibly the worst, most inconsistent, most frustrating I have ever seen. It made the game enraging to watch. Rules seemed to apply for one side but not the other. But we still lost it all by ourselves
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Regular in the Side
    Did not expect much today and not disappointed. Tippet and Rohan injured. Nankervis and X Richards did not start in two's. Derickx, Towers and Reid did not finish game in two's. Naismith not in ruck for last quarter. Think there was another injury as well but not sure who. Injury report will be interesting. Will probably be only AJ, Robinson and Talia as if?!*>?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Snork View Post
    Peeps, I don't often get involved and I am not making excuses but seriously, the criticism is over the top. We lost, probably along with Bud and Hanners, our most influential player in Tippo + we lost Gaz at half time. We were coming off an absolute slog against the GC and the umpiring was "disappointing" to say the least but not unexpected in the GWS 100th game. Plus they were amped for the big occasion of having a 21k crowd mostly of our supporters! The commentary, albeit GWS bias was better than Derm and the Pig. We are a lot better than what we showed today but clearly leg weary and down on personnel. On the upside I thought Jones was great and I really like Marsh's composure under pressure, I am not sure getting Ted back is the best idea as I like the balance I our backline at the moment. It pains me to say it as I have been reading others commentary about both McGlynn and McVeigh, but I am being consistently disappointed with both. Rampes is channeling Leo at the moment, absolute gun! Paps and Mills both provide more upside alongside Bud and on the half back line than our two warriors, and should get game time priority moving forward. By the way, did anyone notice how we missed George's cool head going inside 50 rather than blazing away, he is going to be a player and hope he is back this week. Don't lose the faith all as we are on the right track, if only we had beaten Wretchmond!!
    I've been rationalising the game and how I would sum up it, and Snorks summation just about nails it. People seem to be forgetting last weeks slog in the wet and the toll it may/did take, and, barring injuries, there is still a lot to like about the rest of the season. The boys will bounce back, Kirky will see to that!

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I've been rationalising the game and how I would sum up it, and Snorks summation just about nails it. People seem to be forgetting last weeks slog in the wet and the toll it may/did take, and, barring injuries, there is still a lot to like about the rest of the season. The boys will bounce back, Kirky will see to that!
    Agreed, I still think we are genuine flag contenders. This was just a dud week and probably needed to happen. The only thing I'm really sweating on is Tippett's injury. He's absolutely crucial to our chances

Those posters who reckon Rose was rubbish might like to know he was our equal highest ranked player according to the stats. If he'd kicked a little straighter he would have been highest.

If we're looking for people to drop McGlynn, Cunningham and McVeigh spring to mind and you can add Heeney to the list too.

Senior Player
    Disappointing night. They ran and hit harder. Injuries to key players means a bleak night reverberates.

Upsides: Mills, Jones, Grundy.

Hopefully Papley back soon; I'd prefer him to McGlynn - gets more of it. Reid injury in ressies a massive bummer.

Who does Teddy come in for? With Nankervis/Naismith for Kurt and Rohan loses a lot of speed. Would be harsh on Marsh but will probably happen.

Time to stand up Sinclair. He played alright tonight.

Heeney needs more of it on nights like that. Not a massive knock on him, he still played OK and tried. But last of those 13 disposal games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Agreed, I still think we are genuine flag contenders. This was just a dud week and probably needed to happen. The only thing I'm really sweating on is Tippett's injury. He's absolutely crucial to our chances
    Yeah, Tippett gone for the year and so are we.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Those posters who reckon Rose was rubbish might like to know he was our equal highest ranked player according to the stats. If he'd kicked a little straighter he would have been highest.

If we're looking for people to drop McGlynn, Cunningham and McVeigh spring to mind and you can add Heeney to the list too.
    Took a deep breath after his second mark inside 50, which set up an easy shot - knew he'd then miss. Happy for him (and us) that he kicked that last one. Three (edit) marks inside 50 a team high. Seven tackles. Good player. Keep him for sure. Allows Heeney to play midfield. Thought your comments harsh on Heeney. Needs more of it, but tried.

Heeney looks alot more comfortable and damaging forward than he does in the midfield where at the moment he seems out of his depth/unsure what to do. I know Rose is playing his role atm but maybe with Rohan potentially out he could move back down there