Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 13 Match Day Thread Sydney V Melbourne. SCG 13.10 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    What i liked about Rose is he gave a contest every single time and didnt give up. A real "bloods" way of playing. Jones is another and he is our hardnut now.

Towers was superb and for buddy to kick 4 on a day like that was why we pay him so much.

My concern is our rucks, but i guess it will be like first half 2014 and Tom D where we already conceded the hitout but win the clearance by setting up our mids to shark the taps.

I just love that we are rebuilding while being in the top 2, that is amazing. We are the now standard for this sort of thing.
    The new high workrate and action man Rose is a revelation, he just has such an appetite for the hard stuff. Quite the opposite of how I saw him last year as a kind of flighty seagull.

I didn't really rate him before now but the last two weeks he has been great even if he kind of mucks things up. Even against GWS he worked hard but yesterday he was just brilliant - he's demanded to be kept in the side and if he keeps that level of effort and enthusiasm I actually can't see him getting dropped for quite a while.

Agree totally re the rebuilding in the top 2, Geelong are the only ones that come close on that but Hawthorn won't be dropping too far either

Oh percentage.
    You're so important.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    The new high workrate and action man Rose is a revelation, he just has such an appetite for the hard stuff. Quite the opposite of how I saw him last year as a kind of flighty seagull. I didn't really rate him before now but the last two weeks he has been great even if he kind of mucks things up. Even against GWS he worked hard but yesterday he was just brilliant - he's demanded to be kept in the side and if he keeps that level of effort and enthusiasm I actually can't see him getting dropped for quite a while.
    The kid can play!

Warming the Bench
    I heard the MMM radio call. They were saying good things about Towers and McVeigh. Aliir seemed to be very clean in the conditions. In the 3rd quarter there was a lot of commentary about how much pressure the demons were putting on but they weren't scoring much. They couldn't keep it up and the 4th quarter - we were just too good. Maybe, the Swans are getting better at wet weather footy. I can recall from past years the commentators would say the Swans were a good wet weather team but then they'd lose the match.
    I was a bit worried before the game about the number of injuries and thought it could be a danger game - this was based on Demons v Collingwood match last week. But the younger players are stepping up and this is great. After a 2 week break they'll be full of energy for the Bulldogs game.
    There have been no comments about the umpires - were they ok? There were lots of comments last week but none this week.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    ... There have been no comments about the umpires - were they ok? There were lots of comments last week but none this week.
    The usual inconsistencies with deliberate out of bounds, but a funny one when Joey had an ROK like kick out of a contest which the Dees called for deliberate but the ump apparently said nah, he shanked it.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    The usual inconsistencies with deliberate out of bounds, but a funny one when Joey had an ROK like kick out of a contest which the Dees called for deliberate but the ump apparently said nah, he shanked it.
    After the Joey "deliberate" call, there were many more that were more deliberate that weren't paid from both sides after that.
    The only other one I remember was Reg's, and I think that was the right call.

Surprised that didn't pay Rose's off the side of the boot as deliberate!!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    After the Joey "deliberate" call, there were many more that were more deliberate that weren't paid from both sides after that.
    The only other one I remember was Reg's, and I think that was the right call.

Surprised that didn't pay Rose's off the side of the boot as deliberate!!

No Way. From where I was sitting, it was punched out by Reg in a contest. You can't pay deliberate OOB for that.

Most of the deliberate OOB decisions were rubbish.

The trouble is once the umpires give the first deliberate decision, it then becomes easier to give the next. The thought process appears to be "I gave the last one and this one is nearly the same circumstances..." so the decisions become more frequent and more bizarre.

Veterans List
    Five Swans in this weeks AFL 'Team of the Week'; Jones, McVeigh, Towers!, Franklin and Parker. There were none last week!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    No Way. From where I was sitting, it was punched out by Reg in a contest. You can't pay deliberate OOB for that.

The trouble is once the umpires give the first deliberate decision, it then becomes easier to give the next. The thought process appears to be "I gave the last one and this one is nearly the same circumstances..." so the decisions become more frequent and more bizarre.
    We were pretty close to that pocket and it looked like a palmed down/slap to me.

They are so inconsistent with the ruling that we have no idea anyway.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    We were pretty close to that pocket and it looked like a palmed down/slap to me.

They are so inconsistent with the ruling that we have no idea anyway.
    Yet in the Geelong/Dogs game, they put the whistle away with deliberate OOB's!! Seems they just bring it out when they have an agenda......

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post

I was okay with that decision against Reg, if going straight for the line is the rule then that was probably within the bounds of what they are targeting with it. He was in a contest, but he looked to have control over where he was whacking it.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Five Swans in this weeks AFL 'Team of the Week'; Jones, McVeigh, Towers!, Franklin and Parker. There were none last week!
    Well done Deano and great recognition for Zak as well, he's come along very well this season

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast