Page 17 of 60 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ Watch

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Forgotten Swan on the verge of famous comeback - M.afl.com.au

SYDNEY premiership defender Alex Johnson is on the verge of making his long-awaited comeback from five knee reconstructions
    I don't know how I feel about this. Yes I do. Very nervous!

On the other hand, I can't believe he's only 25. I forgot just how young he was in 2012
    Life's not a spectator sport

Veterans List
    No rush, Gold Coast curtain raiser at the SCG seems ideal. Would expect a lot of hard core supporters would get there early in support.

Good luck to AJ whenever the return happens.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    From the article on the AFL website linked by Markwebbos:
    Johnson is still officially on the long-term injury list, with rookie Lewis Melican being upgraded before round five. Melican played against Essendon last Friday night in the Swans' narrow win.

However, the club has lost Darcy Cameron for the season to a shoulder injury which means he could be placed on the long-term injury list.
    I hope the Swans remember to do this paperwork here. There could be repercussions later such as fines.

AFL.com.au understands senior Swans' players are keen to be at Johnson's return game and would make their way to Canberra on Saturday after the Swans play Melbourne in Friday night's blockbuster at the MCG if the decision was made for him to play.
    Not just the players either. Make the first game back the Gold Coast NEAFL game, so fans can turn up early and see his comeback game too.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Nah, give him some game time this week and Canberra to build a bit of confidence, then full game in the NEAFL for Gold Coast.

Its not going to generate a big crowd. Only die-hards like us can remember him.

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Any chance we will get to see the interview on our website?
    The interview is included at the bottom of this article: Forgotten Swan on the verge of famous comeback

Warming the Bench
    Curtain raiser at SCG please. Can't believe its happening!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    Can't believe its happening!
    Me too - tears in the eyes. Simply amazing.

Veterans List
    It will be a somewhat emotional return to say the least.....boy I hope it goes well and continues for years to come! Go Alex!!

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I remember Kinnear Beatson did a long interview on a podcast where he was asked the typical about mining gold with later picks in the draft. Parker, Hanners, etc. He was quick to add Johnson to the list and implied that he was probably the pick of the bunch.

Cant wait to see him back in action. It's amazing he's persevered to this point, irrespective of how it goes from here on.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Only die-hards like us can remember him.
    Not sure what impact his NEAFL return would have on crowd numbers, hoewever this statement is woefully inaccurate.

Veteran Site Admin
    Swans make rookie list changes - sydneyswans.com.au

Although the above article doesn't explicitly state it, it does sound like AJ has been removed from the LTIL, which then required the shuffling of Melican into Cameron's spot and the unfortunate Edwards back to the rookie list.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    I hope the Swans remember to do [the rookie list and long term injury list] paperwork here. There could be repercussions later such as fines.
    That was quick.

Swans make rookie list changes
    The Sydney Swans have returned Shaun Edwards to the rookie list upgrading defender Lewis Melican to the clubs senior list.

Melican has been a standout across the backline this season playing eight matches in his third season at the Club.

The 20-year-old defender has been placed on the senior list in place of injured ruckman Darcy Cameron who has been placed on the long-term injury list.
    So let's see - promoted Melican, demoted Edwards, placed Cameron on long term injury list.

To me, that looks like they're freeing up space to remove Johnson officially from the long-term injury list. Please let it be so!