Page 26 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ Watch

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I'd like nothing more than for him to be wearing another necklace at the end of the year.
    But realistically.....
    I think there's a very good chance AJ will be wearing another necklace this year - the reserves have it in the bag at this point.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    ABC Radio had Jared Crouch interview AJ at half time.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

They played AJ for three quarters last Saturday and had a great game.
    We were 20 goals in front, so I think they just wrapped him in cotton wool for the final quarter.
    Good to see him back out there running around.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Anyone get to see the reserves on the weekend? How'd AJ go?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardLong View Post
    They played AJ for three quarters last Saturday and had a great game.
    We were 20 goals in front, so I think they just wrapped him in cotton wool for the final quarter.
    Good to see him back out there running around.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Just watched the 2012 grand final. Wow, AJ would be a handy inclusion come finals.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Just watched the 2012 grand final. Wow, AJ would be a handy inclusion come finals.
    Hate to burst that particular bubble but he is nowhere near it for this year. 2018 for sure - that'd be a great story.

I'm pretty sure AJ is just happy getting through each game unscathed. Let's hope the knee holds up and he eases his way back into form. If that happens and he gets through pre-season, he can start looking at seniors in 2018. Slowly does it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I'm pretty sure AJ is just happy getting through each game unscathed. Let's hope the knee holds up and he eases his way back into form. If that happens and he gets through pre-season, he can start looking at seniors in 2018. Slowly does it at the moment.
    Completely agree. I'm watching what my son's club are doing with him, and he only had the one ACL injury. It's not just about fitness, it's about re-learning the structures, the way your teammates play and turning conscious competence into unconscious competence.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardLong View Post
    I watched most of the game - he was having a great old time running around, but looked a lot like a guy who hasn't played much footy in the last 4 years. Patience all.

Interesting, completely hypothetical here. If AJ comes into the firsts next year, who goes out?

Rampe is a lock and if Grundy can keep up his form of the past few weeks he's got another year in him at least. Melican would be the other candidate, however I don't think you can drop a player showing that form for someone who hasn't played in 5 years, no matter how good he was in his last game.

It could be a real headache for selection committee.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Interesting, completely hypothetical here. If AJ comes into the firsts next year, who goes out?

Rampe is a lock and if Grundy can keep up his form of the past few weeks he's got another year in him at least. Melican would be the other candidate, however I don't think you can drop a player showing that form for someone who hasn't played in 5 years, no matter how good he was in his last game.

It could be a real headache for selection committee.
    .....but a beautiful one!