Page 43 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ Watch

QUOTE: "But it's only football".
    It may be only football to us, but to the players it is such a large part of their young lives (18-30 years of age if they are lucky)

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    QUOTE: "But it's only football".
    It may be only football to us, but to the players it is such a large part of their young lives (18-30 years of age if they are lucky)

At least he has a premiership to show for all his injuries.He could have been a first year player showing that he has real potential to be a 10 year player only to get injured and not play in the Grand Final. Must have been looked after by the Swans as other employment was not an attraction. Mind you the journey was inspiring for the club and players.Now talking about animal parts to strengthen the injury ?

Perhaps time to move on , like plenty of park players have had to and gain other employment.

Veterans List
    I don't agree with what Annie said about Newman but she was in no way referring to him as that word (sorry I refuse to use that word).

Anyway as others have said these players have seen what AJ has gone through for 6 years. They experienced the elation of his comeback last week and then experienced this unfair setback. Newman is obviously very close to AJ and all the emotion was released at the end of the game. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I think Annie was saying that there was no reason to be THAT emotional by anyone (possibly except family or AJ himself)
    A debatable point, but in the end just her opinion and that's what people express here.

These days you simply can't use words that are offensive to some in any way.
    Surely you aren't surprised that people are calling you out for what is now considered passive homophobia?
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I think Annie was saying that there was no reason to be THAT emotional by anyone (possibly except family or AJ himself)
    A debatable point, but in the end just her opinion and that's what people express here.

These days you simply can't use words that are offensive to some in any way.
    Surely you aren't surprised that people are calling you out for what is now considered passive homophobia?
    +1. People look for any opportunity to be offended and to attack someone these days, even if they have to invent the offence. So much anger and hatred. Imagine how they treat supporters of other clubs.
    Last edited by S.S. Bleeder; 14th August 2018 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumarangk View Post
    At least he has a premiership to show for all his injuries.He could have been a first year player showing that he has real potential to be a 10 year player only to get injured and not play in the Grand Final. Must have been looked after by the Swans as other employment was not an attraction. Mind you the journey was inspiring for the club and players.Now talking about animal parts to strengthen the injury ?

Perhaps time to move on , like plenty of park players have had to and gain other employment.
    I've had a couple of mates over the years who played AFL, only to have their careers cut short due to injury. One of them was with Collingwood and the club saw him as being a future 200+ midfielder for them. He was about 20 at the time. These things happen sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    People look for any opportunity to be offended.
    I agree. Postmodernism never sat well with the wider community and it's been put to the sword in recent times. Elites don't like it either. They prefer to dictate what we all should be thinking and permitted to say. We have certainly entered an era where freedom of expression is being suppressed. I'm not in favour of any sort of vilification, but we should be careful about surrendering our freedoms in exchange for not being offended from time to time. It's just playing into the hands of he rich and powerful.

Senior Player
    Actually, Annie, your comment disappointed me.
    I've waited a while before commenting , not wishing to make a hasty judgement.
    But I'm disappointed.
    It wasn't just 'hard hearted Hannah', 'it's only a game 'stuff. It was hurtful and derisive of Newman.

Hey to change the current tone of the posts if and regrettably, I don't think he will make it back, the club should name the best "clubman" award in honour of him viz; "The Alex Johnson Clubman Award" or a title to that effect. Comments?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Hey to change the current tone of the posts if and regrettably, I don't think he will make it back, the club should name the best "clubman" award in honour of him viz; "The Alex Johnson Clubman Award" or a title to that effect. Comments?
    Isn’t it already named after Barry Round?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Isn’t it already named after Barry Round?
    The poor guy isn’t even given a free ticket to the B&F, don’t take his name off that award!

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Personally, if I were Nic, and AJ was my mate, I'd be very upset seeing that, but I wouldn't fault anyone for not seeing it the same way. We're human, and we all see things through lenses of varying shapes and colour.

Interestingly, from this 'bloke's' perspective and experience, you can get any number of blokes who feel exactly the same level of upset about something, and you'll get any number of differing outward expressions of it. Nic crying sets him apart only from how he as a person deals with this at the time he was dealt it.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector