Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I sense a new ruthlessness at the Swans this year.
    I certainly sense a clearing of the decks attitude - looking for a new start. I wouldn't call any of what is going 'deadwood', but it certainly feels like the club are takings some opportunities to take a new direction.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Sad, wasn't expecting the moving on bit :-(

OMG... all you people who weren't expecting this, open your eyes!!
    I love AJ, but how long do want to carry someone as injured as he is?
    We've gotten rid of injured players in the past after one season.
    We've done all we can and we need to move on.
    AJ, I wish you the best and hope that your body recovers fully.
    xxx
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Sounds like a perfect cheapy speculation pickup by a flag contender. GWS maybe?.

Such a pity after all the patience we have shown.

I agree. The Swans have been more than faithful. Wishing AJ all the best.

Sad but absolute no brainer. All the best AJ.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Warming the Bench
    If the rules around rookies playing in seniors didn't change AJ would have been offered another year. The advantage of having a player on the long term injury list was the flexibility to upgrade a rookie as needed throughout the year. Now that rookies can play whenever needed it's a much bigger disadvantage having a player with a long term injury on the list.

Glad AJ had a senior game this year and played well. Sucks that this has happened, I don't think anyone would pick him up but fingers crossed someone takes a chance

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Sad but no surprise

He'll need to put half a season together at VFL level before any club would give him another chance

He will always be a Sydney Premiership player. Good luck AJ.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby_bolts View Post
    This makes me sad. I wonder if he will follow Rhys down to North?
    I thought that too but I'm in the camp that no one will take the punt on him......I mean, why would you? No other club was emotionally invested in him like the Swans were. It's sad for him......but this coupled with the Hanners/Rohan decisions shows the Swans aren't playing 'tiddlywinks' during this trade period and that is rather exciting.

As aardvaak said....."he will always be a Swans Premiership player" and because of his resilience and courage through diversity, a club legend.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 14th September 2018 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I thought that too but I'm in the camp that no one will take the punt on him......I mean, why would you? No other club was emotionally invested in him like the Swans were. It's sad for him......but this coupled with the Hanners/Rohan decisions shows the Swans aren't playing 'tiddlywinks' during this trade period and that is rather exciting.
    The only way I can see that someone will take a chance on him will be if he spends 2019 getting his body right, then finds a VFL/NEAFL/SANFL/WAFL team that is willing to take a chance - then has a good 2020 season and is picked up as a mature top up player by someone. Seems pretty unlikely for mine.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

The sad reality is that he will be in rehab next year, hoping to play 2020 at a lower level to get back to form and show he can play at a higher level, which effectively means that his target return to AFL footy would be 2021, at which time he will be 29 yo.