Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ Watch

I'd bring him in against the crows if Newman doesn't get up.

Veterans List
    I agree with those who say he's made it back just by playing but if you believe he himself will leave the game satisfied having not played seniors again (if that transpires), I think you would be wrong......and I won't be satisfied either but I will be satisfied that he absolutely gave it his best shot.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Fair enough. I wouldn't.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

He is nowhere near ready for Seniors again - 2018 is the clear target. Some promising numbers in the ressies on the weekend though - but again in a game that sounds like it was a glorified parade at times.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Come on guys. He's done enough. 20+ possessions in the twos. Top 10.
    Imagine how it would lift the team!

Come on guys. He's done enough. 20+ possessions in the twos. Top 10.
    Imagine how it would lift the team!
    Stats rarely tell the whole story Barry...
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Perhaps bring AJ in for round 23 against Carlton while we rest someone like Rampe?
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Perhaps bring AJ in for round 23 against Carlton while we rest someone like Rampe?
    No one will be rested in R23. We have a bye the week after.

Brett deludio had a 20 possy game in the giants 2's, came in and is averaging about 7 in the seniors... But he has lift the team 3 fold.

Just wild about Harry
    Brett deludio had a 20 possy game in the giants 2's, came in and is averaging about 7 in the seniors... But he has lift the team 3 fold.
    Great idea, Barry. We can spread inspirational people around the ground instead of players in form. Personally, I would love to have seen Parker kicking to the Dalai Lama on the lead out of the goal square but it may not happen.

There is a school of thought that we are saving him for the grand final after an internal review came to the conclusion that we lost last year by being weak at the selection table in not playing Reid.

But I say, why wait?

Veterans List
    There is a school of thought that we are saving him for the grand final after an internal review came to the conclusion that we lost last year by being weak at the selection table in not playing Reid.

But I say, why wait?
    Yes.....it would make a great movie and in Hollywood he'd play great, we'd win, he would lift the cup and we'd all cry tears of joy but in reality it could be he plays @@@@e, does his knee again, we lose, he never plays again and the footy world laughs at us for being sentimental instead of serious for the biggest game of the year and blowing it! AJ back in the seniors this year.......to paraphrase Darryl Kerrigan....."Tell Barry he's dreaming".