Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 15 MDT Sydney V Western Bulldogs. SCG 16.35pm

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I wouldn't use barry hall as an example of umpy bias. We won a flag because he GOT OFF a clear suspension in 2005 prelim.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
    Bloody Hell, with friends like you who needs enemies? Go and read the "Rewriting History" thread and get your facts right.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Suspended by the MRP
    I don't think that happens. Some players push the envelope more than others.

It happens and you know it, you just love being a contrarian.

Perfect example would Alex Rance vs Buddy. In a 50/50 contest Rance will always win a free kick regardless, umps love Rance and dislike Buddy. The mindset being that full forwards are big and strong enough to handle it so they dont need umpire protection.

Which is a load of BS because you cant exempt special players from rules, thats why we have @@@@en rules!

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I agree with a lot of your sentiment Kilroy, in particular around the game being over-officiated at times, which can really ruin what it is all about - which is the footy, not the umpires.
    Every single game that i watch my anger or stress level is focused too much on umpires, which i dont get with other codes. For example i always expect for the worst when theres a 50/50 contest in our defensive 50. Heck if you look at our defenders the first thing they look at at after a good contested mark is over at the umps expecting these idiots to pluck something out of mid air.

All the time.

But you know, the mindset seems to be we have to accept it because its part of the game, you know cheating is part of watching AFL. I mean this is a league that ask th rich clubs who they would like to play in the "fixture" so i shouldn't expect a fair contest at all. Its basically WWE with a pig skin ball.

I sometimes wish the swans were bottom 4 so i could walk away and lose interest in the game, because seriously i dislike the code but love the swans a lot. Each game has me questioning why i watch such a flawed sport, which makes me sad because a mere 5 years ago i loved everything about the code, but its turned sour for me since 2012 dealing with the nastiness of hawk fans, the vindictiveness of vic "super clubs", the bull@@@@ peddled by the idiotic Victorian VFL media and by those who run the code.

McGlynn needs a spell for Papley. Maybe needs to go back to being a tagger and release Mitchell as a Mid/Forward.
    No hard ball gets for Mcglynn, no clean pickups just handball receives, not what he is in the side for
    Heeney just needs a position, maybe Mid/For swapping with Mitchell, kids cant play 4 positions seemlessly in one day. Prob same with Rohan, leave him forward
    Rohan was BOG in the 1st Qtr, talk about a drop off but I blame coaching as much as anything
    Towers/Rose are energetic but just need to slow down a bit, Towers needs to stay, only one providing an option up the ground

They went forward and scored, we wasted opportunities.
    Nankervis needs to step up this week, was at the game last year in Geelong, Blicavs ran our rucks ragged after we controlled the first half -
    We had no buddy too last year at Geelong......which really made me happy after flying over from Perth and Training it down to Geelong

Wow.
    Far, far, far too many ineffective disposals for my liking.
    Towers, McHack and Jack I think had one between them.
    If you can punch the ball with two fists, you can mark it. There was a lot of that happening.
    There was a lot of standing around looking at the ball, and a lot of playing the man, and not the ball.
    There was no manning up.
    What's the point in 10 swans going for a non-screamer, leaving no rovers to pick up the pieces.
    We have no rovers.
    Kicking the ball into the dogs forward 50 in the last seconds of the game was a bit of a mistake.
    FML.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Suspended by the MRP
    A few media pundits agree that it should have been a free to mills. Pay that and we perhaps stem the tide.

But instead it was a goal and gave the dogs more momentum.

Its these little instances that effect games far far to often and we the fans should not be expected to put up with and accept it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Wow.
    Far, far, far too many ineffective disposals for my liking.
    Towers, McHack and Jack I think had one between them.
    If you can punch the ball with two fists, you can mark it. There was a lot of that happening.
    There was a lot of standing around looking at the ball, and a lot of playing the man, and not the ball.
    There was no manning up.
    What's the point in 10 swans going for a non-screamer, leaving no rovers to pick up the pieces.
    We have no rovers.
    Kicking the ball into the dogs forward 50 in the last seconds of the game was a bit of a mistake.
    FML.
    Are we still insisting on disrespecting pur club and champion by calling him McHack? Its not funny at all. Since you are on first name basis with the players, next time you see him call him McHack and see if he thinks its funney ha ha ha.

Show some class and respect.

Not turning up to play in the 3rd quarter cost us the game.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    The 50 against hanners and the towers kick into the man in the mark were they key moments in the turnaround. The free leading to the 50 looked pretty soft as well.

We were absolutely shot in the last two minutes with no movement at all so harsh to blame Lloyd imo.

Strangely didn't leave the ground all that disappointed. Was a great contest that could have gone either way.

Reminded me a bit of the 2012 game the Hawks played there. We controlled most of the day, a few short busts lost it for us.

We know what we get from our core but great learning from the younger players.

Personally I don't think Towers is our future but really happy with how Jones has come on. Don't remember him conceding a silly free for at least a few games which is promising.

Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    A few media pundits agree that it should have been a free to mills.
    i couldnt give a rats what a few blokey media pundits think.

I'd take a trained umpire in the split second over the clowns in the media with copious amounts of replays and forced opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post

Personally I don't think Towers is our future but really happy with how Jones has come on. Don't remember him conceding a silly free for at least a few games which is promising.
    No team is full of champions. So you need to live with our bottom 4 players, and make the most of them.

Towers' endeavour has improved heaps this year. A bit of confidence, and he'll improve his disposal more. he just lacks a little poise.

Senior Player
    hanners 50m cost us more than any missed mills free kick. Control what you can control...

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    i couldnt give a rats what a few blokey media pundits think.

I'd take a trained umpire in the split second over the clowns in the media with copious amounts of replays and forced opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

No team is full of champions. So you need to live with our bottom 4 players, and make the most of them.

Towers' endeavour has improved heaps this year. A bit of confidence, and he'll improve his disposal more. he just lacks a little poise.
    yeah I get that. But would put rose ahead of him at the moment. Also Towers value comes through if we have a mid game ruck injury. I think Reid will take towers place when he is finally fit and the side will look more balanced and have another tall marking target.

Yes. Reid will be the one to displace towers.