Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 15 MDT Sydney V Western Bulldogs. SCG 16.35pm

Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    A few media pundits agree that it should have been a free to mills. Pay that and we perhaps stem the tide.

But instead it was a goal and gave the dogs more momentum.

Its these little instances that effect games far far to often and we the fans should not be expected to put up with and accept it.

- - - Updated - - -

Are we still insisting on disrespecting pur club and champion by calling him McHack? Its not funny at all. Since you are on first name basis with the players, next time you see him call him McHack and see if he thinks its funney ha ha ha.

Show some class and respect.
    I've called him McHack to his face.
    And I think you should stop attacking me every time I post.

MODS????
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Personally I don't think Towers is our future but really happy with how Jones has come on. Don't remember him conceding a silly free for at least a few games which is promising.
    I'm glad the faith in Jones is starting to really pay dividends for us. The rougher edges of his game are really starting to be ironed out now, and he has a lot of potential to be a superb player for us. I really like how he goes about his footy, and he will only get better from here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    If you can punch the ball with two fists, you can mark it. There was a lot of that happening.
    This has plagued our beloved swans for many a year. You can add to that spoiling teammates/ getting in the way of what would be easy marks if players worked harder to call each other out of the contest when necessary. As with the Towers/Parker incident, it can be very costly in a close game.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Nankervis needs to step up this week, was at the game last year in Geelong, Blicavs ran our rucks ragged after we controlled the first half -
    We had no buddy too last year at Geelong......which really made me happy after flying over from Perth and Training it down to Geelong
    So does Sinclair. Our two big men were basically anonymous around the ground against the Dogs, and the Cats will slaughter us if that is repeated on Friday. I really think Naismith is a better option than Nankervis, and you can argue despite a bright start to the season, Sinclair has been disappointing over the last 6 weeks or so. We need a big lift in that space, and what is really clear is just how much we are going to miss Tippo over the closing weeks of the regular season - certainly I think we are no hope of winning the flag without him if he doesn't get back in 2016.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Opti-pessi-misti
    Have just been watching a replay of the last quarter, twice, and have to say that apart from the last minute, some of the backline heroics were inspirational, by Grundy, Rampe and Smith in particular, and around the ball the players showed great desperation. It was entries into the forward 50, again, with no Swan able to be on the end of the long bomb that cost us time and again. Hanners for instance had the ball on the wing/forward and called for someone to lead - Rose did and got well clear, admittedly he should have done so sooner, but then Hanners ignored his lead and kicked it to the throng and it was easily cleared by the opposition. With Rohan having been taken from the forward line Heeney and Rose were just not strong enough in the crumbing stakes. There were quite a few telling poor decisions under pressure and not only by the inexperienced players. I thought Macca was one who really stood up - if only his last shot for goal had gone through!

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    So does Sinclair. Our two big men were basically anonymous around the ground against the Dogs, and the Cats will slaughter us if that is repeated on Friday. I really think Naismith is a better option than Nankervis, and you can argue despite a bright start to the season, Sinclair has been disappointing over the last 6 weeks or so. We need a big lift in that space, and what is really clear is just how much we are going to miss Tippo over the closing weeks of the regular season - certainly I think we are no hope of winning the flag without him if he doesn't get back in 2016.
    Nankervis lost me when he was easily pushed over in that contest which lead to a goal. Sorry but his papers should be marked.

Dont play any ruckman at all. Just get a tall to contest it for the sake of it and position our mids to shark the tap.

We cant be carrying two lumbering talls, who if combined as one player still wont offer much.

I'm getting sick of soft free kicks going to the opposition either gifting them a goal, or stopping one of ours. But the free kick count often seems even so I'm concluding that the frees for us are more often in the middle of the ground where it can't directly affect the score.

But I'm also aware that I may not be, ahem, completely impartial here. I don't suppose someone with a lot of free time can watch a replay of the game and classify each free kick for us and them by the result of the kick? Eg. Shot on goal, prevented goal, buggerall, etc?

Never seen anyone whinge about umpiring when their side wins. Funny about that.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Never seen anyone whinge about umpiring when their side wins. Funny about that.
    2012 GF?

Opti-pessi-misti
    Thanks goodness those posts regarding the umpiring on Saturday are being deleted - it was getting tedious beyond measure!

On the other hand comments by the black sheep are usually anything but boring!

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Good to see everyone's already preparing to blame the umpires if we lose.....
    This guy nailed it - he must be some kind of Nostrodamus or something....

And after this little forum mental breakdown we look at the leader board and the mighty hawks swam right past and are no 1 on the table

I am really happy with where we are with one of the most in experienced teams in the comp

Let's see from here . !!!!!

First, that turnover kick by Lloyd has to be viewed in context. It is also the responsibility of the other 17 players on the ground to run into space and offer a good option to kick to. That didn't happen and kicking down the line in hope was the best option once the pressure was on.

I feel that Lloyd is trying to step up from being just a link up player to one that is a 25+ possession player that makes a big impact on games. He's usually a good user of the ball and a good decision maker. He's testing the limits of his ability at the moment and making more mistakes with disposals under pressure or trying to kick too fine into dangerous situations. It's hard to know if he will crack through this latest barrier. So far this year his lowest possession game was 18, so he has stepped up and is more involved in play. He has to continue his progress and become effective in pressure situations to move to the next level.

It's his 3rd year as a regular in the team and overall he continues to improve. The pressure will be on his spot next year because we have a number of players in the reserves year that will be knocking on the door.