Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd 16 v Geelong

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Ludwig
    I just don't agree that Naismith can hold his own in the style of contested footy we play in comparison to Naismith and especially against the Geelong ruck and and the Hawks

That's my primary reason as it is a lottery for any of us to know for sure until he plays and I guess we will find out if he does get the nod by his senior playing group and coach who know more then us

So far the coaching dept and Snr playing group have voted nanko and that carries a stack of weight in the argument

I would persist with Sinclair and nanko

I'd say the reason Nanko has gone ahead has been Naismith's injuries. Fiddly injuries as they are they have been telling. but I saw Big Sam in his last game and he was incredible. Bloody & hard are the words I'd use. He hunts the opposition and gets the hitouts. It is his ruckwork that has helped this reserves team to be so dominant. His, Nanka & Derrickx. They are all good ruckmen, Tom is a bit less composed than the others. In the two last matches Naismith has averaged over 50 HO. A good time to blood the young man. Believe me he will be ok. Not like the first time when he was a rookie ruck against the premier ruck in the AFL in Maric.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I don't remember us making so many unforced changes in the past 5-6 years..

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    Completely agree. That Hawthorn game where he kicked 3 goals sealed the deal for me. A forward and only a forward. Since Towers has come into the team he has drifted alot to that spare man in defence role and become ineffectual. Due to team structures and balance, I don't believe you can play Towers and Rohan in the same team. Given a choice I would pick Rohan as he kicks more goals, applies more defensive pressure and seems to work well with Buddy.

Ins: Papley, Naismith, Allir
    Outs: McGlynn, Nankervis, Towers

Towers & Rohan can both play in the same team but Toers has to play as a changinf mid not a forward. The reason they sent Rohan back was were were leaking out of the forward-line and he was the extra. Pity no other player can do that except Rohan & Lloydy & Lloydy stuffs up too often. I agree that Rohan is better as a forward and lefte there he could be dangerous. If you want to pick someone who he does conflict with it is more Heens. They are in a way the same type of player if playing forward.

Pushing for Selection
    GEELONG V SYDNEY

Friday, July 8 at Simonds Stadium, 7:50pm (EST)

CATS

B: J.Kolodjashnij, T.Lonergan, L.Henderson

HB: M.Blicavs, H.Taylor, C.Enright

C: A.Mackie, J.Selwood, S.Motlop

HF: J.Murdoch, M.Clark, J.Bartel

F: D.Menzel, T.Hawkins, N.Cockatoo

Foll: Z.Smith, P.Dangerfield, C.Guthrie

I/C: M.Duncan, L.McCarthy, D.Lang, T.Ruggles

Emerg: C.Gregson, S.Kersten, R.Stanley

Ins M.Clark, N.Cockatoo, D.Lang

Outs C.Gregson, S.Kersten, R.Stanley

SWANS

B: N.Smith, T.Richards, Z.Jones

HB: C.Mills, H.Grundy, D.Rampe

C: J.McVeigh, J.Kennedy, D.Hannebery

HF: J.Lloyd, L.Franklin, L.Parker

F: J.Rose, G.Rohan, G.Hewett

Foll: C.Sinclair, T.Mitchell, K.Jack

I/C: A.Aliir, S.Naismith, T.Papley, D.Towers

Emerg: B.Jack, T.Nankervis, X.Richards

Ins T.Richards, A.Aliir, S.Naismith, T.Papley

Outs J.Laidler, I.Heeney (managed), T.Nankervis, B.McGlynn

st week he showed some really exciting form.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Heeney rested ? Haven't we just had a bye recently? methinks something is rotten in the state of Denmark
    He got 3 disposals last week.

The chances of a win are low. At best 30%. I think the swans are really seting themselves for the hawks game next week. So lets not over analyse it and look at it as a chance to see the new kids take on the hardest task in footy: the cats at the cattery.

Whilst I agree it will be tough and wouldn't tip against Geelong at home, have a good look at their team.
    Danger, Selwood, Hawkins, Motlop, Taylor are A Graders plus some vets still playing well. We can match those guys with our team.

We have lost 4 games this year and only one we weren't in. Geelongs regular season form is always flattered by the fact they play interstate teams at home

BTW the 4 we have in are better than the 4 we have going out considering Heeney and Mcglynns form.
    Laidler is serviceable at best, Teddy's last full game he gave West Coasts premier fwd line a bath an Alir has shown he can at least do Laidlers role
    I love Benny doing the tough stuff not the outside @@@@@ he has been doing of late, he will be back. At least with Paps we have a player that wont run too far up the ground

Not tipping them due to Simonds Stadium but it is doable

Well if we do win we are right back in the mix for positions 1 to 4. Lose and we are clambering for 4th at best.

That Bulldog loss really stuffed our season about didnt it

... the richmond loss, the gws loss...
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Reckon Rose a chance to come out for B Jack

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast