Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd16 MDT. Geelong V Sydney. 19.50 pm at SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Apart from Finals I cannot remember being so PROUD to be s Swans fan as tonight.

Hanners, JPK and Tom provided the grunt and if Mils does not get a Rising Star nomination then I'll be damned.

Towers had a great game, Naismith is not quite there for Flag success but he showed some great glimpse tonight of what he can bed and I think he is now our #3 ruckman.

Almost cried at the pub the way all the players gathered around Jack at the end of the game, gawd I love this club!!
    If Naismith can put together a handful of games at tonight's level in the ruck (not talking about his ability around the ground - he struggled in that aspect a bit), I'd argue he will soon be our #2 ruckman. Sinclair was a bit quiet again tonight for us and his recent form is a worry. Certainly glad to see Naismith show a glimpse of what the ressies watchers have been seeing in him!

What a night to be a swans fan - superb result!!!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

And Aliir Allir (so good they named him twice) was super impressive tonight!

Dane Rampe must be in AA contention and it's an absolute compliment we take his superb efforts down back as a given.

Just so so proud!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Seem to be playing under the rule tonight, that if Dangerfield goes near the ball, you give him a free kick.
    We showed in the next 3 qtrs that if you don't allow him to get near the ball, he won't win a free kick or do very much at all.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Papley gave us a lot tonight and I think McGylnn will struggle to force his way back in.

Tippet back in that side (eventually) really gives us a massive in but I'm glad to see Naismith getting an extended run in the seniors.

Just so so proud of this side, watching the response again from the team when Keiran kicked that last goal just brought tears to my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    We showed in the next 3 qtrs that if you don't allow him to get near the ball, he won't win a free kick or do very much at all.
    Though it will be interesting later in the year, to see if he gets the three Brownlow votes? The Channel 7 BOG went to Rampe. While I might give my 3 TLM votes to Kizza.

Outstanding performance from the head coach right down to the water carriers. I was confident we'd win tonight but did not expect that we'd play that well. The recalled players all did very well and we dominated most of the game other than that section of the first quarter where the umps gave Geelong a couple of softies. A few players worth mentioning:-
    Naismith - Terrific effort tonight. Added far more than Nanko has. A genuine ruckman rather than a ruck forward
    Papley - Welcome back. Sadly I think it might spell the end for Benny though.
    Aliir - He's starting to look like an inspired draft selection.
    Mills - Class. First year players shouldn't look that composed
    Jack - That was a performance at the level we know he is capable of
    Rampe - Best on ground by miles
    Everyone who figured out how to stop Dangerfield at quarter time - Well done
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

One stat that worries me with the ruck duo tonight is the big 0 in the mark department. We need our big men to do more of this, Naismith only playing his 2nd senior game will get a pass, Sinclair not so much...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I've been down on Towers, accusing him of shirking the contest and so on...

Tonight he went back with the flight a couple of times, laid some tackles. Played a really good game...

Not for the first time, I was wrong.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Imagine how impressive we could be if we bring that effort with a fit Heeney (replacing Rose), Tippett (replacing Sinclair) and Reid (sadly replacing Teddy). That would be a balanced and dangerous lineup that would push any side if we bring the heat like we did tonight! Can't wait to see it! ????

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Outstanding performance from the head coach right down to the water carriers. I was confident we'd win tonight but did not expect that we'd play that well. The recalled players all did very well and we dominated most of the game other than that section of the first quarter where the umps gave Geelong a couple of softies. A few players worth mentioning:-
    Naismith - Terrific effort tonight. Added far more than Nanko has. A genuine ruckman rather than a ruck forward
    Papley - Welcome back. Sadly I think it might spell the end for Benny though.
    Aliir - He's starting to look like an inspired draft selection.
    Mills - Class. First year players shouldn't look that composed
    Jack - That was a performance at the level we know he is capable of
    Rampe - Best on ground by miles
    Everyone who figured out how to stop Dangerfield at quarter time - Well done
    Agree with all of that, Dane Rampe would be my favourite for the Bob Skilton Medal at this stage, his development is nothing short of phenomenal

Have to say the umpires were amazing tonight.
    Which probably means that Cats fans thought they were crap.
    Most of the poor calls were in favor to the Swans I thought - doesn't happen all that often.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I've been down on Towers, accusing him of shirking the contest and so on...

Tonight he went back with the flight a couple of times, laid some tackles. Played a really good game...

Not for the first time, I was wrong.
    Yep he was hard and tough tonight, if he keeps playing like that he won't be dropped.

I would very like to see us keep Deano but I think footy economics may see him playing elsewhere in 2017. For some reason he is a player that I feel really embodies our spirit, the way he came from country league late in (football) life and all. I'd love it if he stays with us but if he gets a great chance somewhere else (reckon the Saints or Brisbane could really use him) then good luck to him. He'd be worth at least a second rounder on form but I could see him more likely being bundled up in a player swap plus pick deal tbh

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast