Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 17 MDT. Sydney V Hawthorn. SCG. 19.20 pm.

I'd prefer to be out of the eight to tell the truth....Every team in the comp must now believe that they can beat us in the final minute because we are soft....

Our players probably believe it too...

Lots of work for the psychologists and the coaches to do this year....

Senior Player
    Not to mention 3 50m penalties that resulted in 3 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    Not umpiring...we are always going to be 'robbed' by umpires....that's something we have to live with being an interstate team...we lost because we can't run down the clock..

We lack the basic skill to do this..

It's either the coaching or the on field communication...

appalling football...
    Three games this season we've lost with stupid football late, plus the Adelaide game we didn't help ourselves either. We are beating ourselves in these close ones at the moment

No room for error now - we need to finish 6-0 to guarantee top 2 from here, and probably 5-1 to give ourselves a 50/50 chance of top 4, its that tight (And the draw that boring from here with most top 8 teams playing bottom 8 teams).

Does anyone have a copy of the holding the ball rules that apply to Hawthorn? They are damn well different to every other team in the competition.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

On a positive aspect we can hope the win/lose against the Hawks in the regular season plays out like it did in 2012, when we beat them away and they beat us here.

We should have one that with a few less silly mistakes but it did look like a bad deal from the umps near the end.

Veterans List
    No, we didn't screw it, even though it appears that way. Two fifty metre penalties and some absolutely biased umpiring cost us that game. Our 'worst case scenario' conspiracy nightmare just played out right in front of our eyes.......this league @@@@@@@ing @@@@s me.

Funnily enough noone to bag tonight. Other than the umpires. I knew we need just one more goal. Because the umpires always had one more goal up their sleeve to give the Hawks. Yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Horrible umpiring. I am close to giving up watching the AFL as I am so sick of seeing lop sided free kick count, free kicks to the other team inside our 50, non calls for us etc.
    Could not agree more. EVERY time we got some momentum..ridiculous free or 50...EVERY TIME....And yes...Hill ran a mile....

Yes the umpiring was hopeless but it was our pathetic skills and awareness that lost that game...again.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    @@@@ @@@@ @@@@ @@@@ @@@@!!!!!!!!!! ??

The 50 metre penalties cost us again.

I am so frustrated that this has happened again. This is going to get into their heads.

Won't be able to sleep tonight. It's going to be a looooong weekend.
    The missed 50 when Burgoyne run straight through the protected area, which he could of easily avoided, near the end really pissed me off. Jack got pinged in Q3 when he had no way of avoiding it, yet Burgoyne can do what he wants.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    @@@@ @@@@ @@@@ @@@@ @@@@!!!!!!!!!! ????

The 50 metre penalties cost us again.

I am so frustrated that this has happened again. This is going to get into their heads.

Won't be able to sleep tonight. It's going to be a looooong weekend.
    The missed 50 when Burgoyne run straight through the protected area, which he could of easily avoided, near the end really pissed me off. Jack got pinged in Q3 when he had no way of avoiding it, yet Burgoyne can do what he wants.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Too many wasted chances, too many dumb mistakes. Hawthorn were just too steady for us and know how to win a close one.

Don't usually jump on the bandwagon, but maybe the masses are right.68035381.jpg

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast