Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The umpires need to be investigated.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The umpires need to be investigated.

Seriously. That's a @@@@ing joke.

How long are Hawthorn players allowed to hold onto the ball before disposing of it? Every single time it happened to us we get pinged.

I'm completely embarrassed by us 'being nice supporters.' That is complete bull@@@@ and so is this result.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Seriously. That's a @@@@ing joke.

How long are Hawthorn players allowed to hold onto the ball before disposing of it? Every single time it happened to us we get pinged.

I'm completely embarrassed by us 'being nice supporters.' That is complete bull@@@@ and so is this result.
    Normally I am happy to accept that some umpiring decisions can be hard to decipher however tonight was the most baffling and infuriating night I have seen for many a year. I believe I saw at least five incorrect disposals by oppidition players go undetected . The frees for the Swans in the last 1/4 were just an evening up process. Shocking night by the officials

Firstly another very close game the swans have lost which really shatters our confidence. Can't really make any excuses, that's 3 recent games that the swans should have taken advantage on but lost all and has already hurt our September chances.

Yes the umpiring was horrible and those 50s plus the count was brutal. Another seriously close game for Hawks where the umpires massaged them, not a good look at all and of course the umpires are immune from criticism within the afl.

Kilroy, when you compose yourself. Go hard go long and go often. I'm over afl at the moment. It is a joke. Let's just give hawthorn the 4 in a row and start the 2017 season now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Kilroy, when you compose yourself. Go hard go long and go often. I'm over afl at the moment. It is a joke. Let's just give hawthorn the 4 in a row and start the 2017 season now
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with you and from all accounts there are many on social media who do too and it makes you think the must be something in it when opposition fans are sick of hawks frees and are actually sticking up for the swans cos we all know they dont like us

- - - Updated - - -

Further to my post above - Brad Scott was right in complaining about the umpires and lo and behold it was when they played Hawks

Ive never felt so hurt and betrayed by umpiring before. Truly disgraceful. I'm @@@@ing over it.

Senior Player
    We are obviously are the most undisciplined and unskillful team in the competition, as we keep giving away free kicks. Every game vs a Melbourne side except for Essendon has resulted in more free kicks given away than rewarded. 16 games this season, 10 with more free kicks given away, 3 tied, and 3 where we got more free kicks vs GWS once, Essendon and GC... what a coincidence?

Hawks 15 - 9
    Geelong 24 - 23
    Bulldogs 17 - 16
    Melbourne 17 - 16
    GWS 22 - 15
    GC 14 - 19
    NM 20 - 20
    Hawthorn 15 - 12
    Richmond 28 - 26
    Essendon 18 - 21
    Brisbane 23 - 19
    West Coast 19 - 19
    Adelaide 23 - 21
    GWS 19 - 30
    Carlton 23 - 23
    Collingwood 23 - 18

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    We are obviously are the most undisciplined and unskillful team in the competition, as we keep giving away free kicks. Every game vs a Melbourne side except for Essendon has resulted in more free kicks given away than rewarded. 16 games this season, 10 with more free kicks given away, 3 tied, and 3 where we got more free kicks vs GWS once, Essendon and GC... what a coincidence?

Hawks 15 - 9
    Geelong 24 - 23
    Bulldogs 17 - 16
    Melbourne 17 - 16
    GWS 22 - 15
    GC 14 - 19
    NM 20 - 20
    Hawthorn 15 - 12
    Richmond 28 - 26
    Essendon 18 - 21
    Brisbane 23 - 19
    West Coast 19 - 19
    Adelaide 23 - 21
    GWS 19 - 30
    Carlton 23 - 23
    Collingwood 23 - 18
    Hard to argue with that.
    Looks like we do infringe more than most, or the umps reckon we do .
    So apart from a professional foul, study the rules boys, even though some of them seem ridiculous (10m zone ).

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Hard to argue with that.
    Looks like we do infringe more than most, or the umps reckon we do .
    So apart from a professional foul, study the rules boys, even though some of them seem ridiculous (10m zone ).

It's not about studying the rules. The players know the rules. Sometimes you are going to get pinged. It is a physical game and therefore you are going to impinge some time. But what I think everyone is getting at is there is a pattern developing in which we are not given a fair go by corrupt officials & I tend to agree. Are they on the take or is the AFL making them play us hard? I don't know but what I do know is some of the umpiring I have seen this year has been some of the worst I have ever seen and that includes District Footy in Adelaide and that was pretty crappy. I heard that Nichols is a Footscray boy and grew up following the Bulldogs. If you look at his matches umpiring the Bullies this year you will find the ledger id firmly on the bullies side on his decisions. Double at least the frees he gives to other sides. We had him v Bullies and I'll tell you he was terrible to us. Not the others just him. But last night the whole lot were bloody unbelievably bad. Either that or incompetent. Now the AFL has admitted the 50 against Jack was wrong. Well AFL are you going to take the goal back? Wow I actually thought it was against Towers for infringing the zone (would have been wrong free anyway). Jack over the mark? He never moved him back or called him to come back two metres, three metres etc. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post

Hawks 15 - 9
    Geelong 24 - 23
    Bulldogs 17 - 16
    Melbourne 17 - 16
    GWS 22 - 15
    GC 14 - 19
    NM 20 - 20
    Hawthorn 15 - 12
    Richmond 28 - 26
    Essendon 18 - 21
    Brisbane 23 - 19
    West Coast 19 - 19
    Adelaide 23 - 21
    GWS 19 - 30
    Carlton 23 - 23
    Collingwood 23 - 18
    I'd argue that the free kick stats gets skewed because we don't get rewarded nearly enough for 'free kick earning' efforts like good tackles. There were are least 4 or 5 instances last night that were clear holding the ball/illegal disposals where we should of got free but didn't - its an ongoing trend this year, and so frustrating. In particular we don't get nearly enough reward when the players do the 'Hawthorn drop'.

if people think last nights umpiring was bad, just remember the Hawks can call on Stevic, Schmitt, Pannell or Chamberlain comes finals time - who are all infinitely worse than the three on show last night. The rest of the competition is @@@@@@, as the umps will ensure the hawks get over the line if they need to.

If the rules were enforced as they should be, in particular incorrect disposal, the hawks would come back to the field very quickly. They are the masters at dropping the ball and incorrect disposal, and dodgy handballs, and they get away with it time and time and time and time and time again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    We lost to Bulldogs in what I thought was a great contest and as far as losses go, I enjoyed it.

Left the ground last night pissed off and with no voice. Commented at some point that Def leopards drummer was out there umpiring and could only pay free kicks in one direction.

From the one where Lewis was taken down arm pinned with no disposal to Nick Smith being told to play on without coming off his line the umpiring was @@@@.

The 50 against Jack came at such a critical time, and I would really like to know whether the one against McGlynn was legitimate with another player running in the exclusion zone. Didn't see it as McGlynn trying to impede the player that had taken the mark more trying to get to the runner.
    The Jack one was exceptionally harsh - he couldn't just magically get out of the protected zone, and hadn't deviated to get in there, a poor 50/50 call. The McGlynn one was there though - I really think the Dawks player went to play on and McGlynn's actions were fair though, but I can see how they gave it. I wish the umpires would stop focusing on crap like that and start focusing on frees that should be given but are not - i.e. those when players dispose of the ball by just dropping it cold.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I'd argue that the free kick stats gets skewed because we don't get rewarded nearly enough for 'free kick earning' efforts like good tackles. There were are least 4 or 5 instances last night that were clear holding the ball/illegal disposals where we should of got free but didn't - its an ongoing trend this year, and so frustrating. In particular we don't get nearly enough reward when the players do the 'Hawthorn drop'.

if people think last nights umpiring was bad, just remember the Hawks can call on Stevic, Schmitt, Pannell or Chamberlain comes finals time - who are all infinitely worse than the three on show last night. The rest of the competition is @@@@@@, as the umps will ensure the hawks get over the line if they need to.

If the rules were enforced as they should be, in particular incorrect disposal, the hawks would come back to the field very quickly. They are the masters at dropping the ball and incorrect disposal, and dodgy handballs, and they get away with it time and time and time and time and time again.

- - - Updated - - -

The Jack one was exceptionally harsh - he couldn't just magically get out of the protected zone, and hadn't deviated to get in there, a poor 50/50 call. The McGlynn one was there though - I really think the Dawks player went to play on and McGlynn's actions were fair though, but I can see how they gave it. I wish the umpires would stop focusing on crap like that and start focusing on frees that should be given but are not - i.e. those when players dispose of the ball by just dropping it cold.
    What about the Lewis one where Rohan pinned him by the arm he just dropped the ball. Nothing. what about the Lloyd free kick when he was blatantly held back, when there was about 40 seconds to go, Nothing. Mcglynn was only a natural reaction for someone that was about the handball, 99% of the time the umps just give a warning. Hawthorn is the AFL love child and 4 flags is a no brainer, my interest in 2016 is almost gone already and I may start following NRL.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    What about the Lewis one where Rohan pinned him by the arm he just dropped the ball. Nothing. what about the Lloyd free kick when he was blatantly held back, when there was about 40 seconds to go, Nothing. Mcglynn was only a natural reaction for someone that was about the handball, 99% of the time the umps just give a warning. Hawthorn is the AFL love child and 4 flags is a no brainer, my interest in 2016 is almost gone already and I may start following NRL.
    Haha crack don't bother with NRL if you want to watch a code with better officiating.... their referees make AFL umpires look like professionals.

There is no doubt the Hawks get more than their fair share of the rub of the green. Its just something we, or anyone else, will have to overcome to beat the scum and break the curse on the AFL. They were so, so very lucky in both 2012 and 2014 to even make the GF after they got some ridiculous calls in both prelim finals at critical stages. It'll take an almighty effort for anyone to beat the Hawks as a team of 18 players, let alone when you take their extras in green into account. But I dare to hope someone will manage to do it - I'm just so over their feral fans and their arrogant bunch of wanker players.

I bleat constantly about the blight that dropping the ball is on the game. Hawks are the experts at getting away with it, in particular when they lift the ball up high in contests and just let it 'slip' out of their hands - that is the one that really grates me.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast