Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 18 MDT. Sydney V Carlton. SCG. 13.45pm

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    Hannerberry was truly dreadful today.. His disposal couldn't have been worse. I wouldn't be surprised if Mitchell signs a deal pretty quickly after his last few weeks offerings. Take the deal while you still can.
    Just home from a shocker of a game.

I agree 100%. For a supposedly senior star player. I cannot remember one clean possession that Hannerberry had. Nearly every kick and handball went to the Carlton players.

A waste of possession and a waste of his ability. He really does need to work on his disposal over summer (if that is possible).

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    I've never understood the Mitchell love - he's a bit of a liability really- if he's mucking around with his contract and playing like this - let him go.
    Watching him today i thought he was already in a Carlton jumper. Just looked lazy, his wasteful with the ball. i agree, if he is asking for a lucrative deal he isn't going the right way about it.

Regular in the Side
    Not showing composure, LLoyd and Towers , too much just dicky kicks going nowhere. Handballing to opposition (Mitchell for one must be worried about contract) Need to improve massively. When the kicked on fast break in 1st qrt ok but then what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterGoulden17 View Post
    Watching him today i thought he was already in a Carlton jumper. Just looked lazy, his wasteful with the ball. i agree, if he is asking for a lucrative deal he isn't going the right way about it.
    I guarantee he'll improve out of sight at another club because their game plan will suit his style more.

We already have a slow, inside mid that shoots out the quick handballs; Kennedy. You'd think one is enough.

Was that to give Carlton some hope they will play in a Granny in the next decade.

I think Hanners should abandon trying to hit a target. Just roost it forward as long as possible would probably return better odds.

Veterans List
    At 7.10 to go in the first quarter there was a holding the ball against Foote. But I've replayed it and he doesn't seem to have ever touched the ball. Any idea why folks?

Good to win a close one! And great to have a delayed telecast so I could watch Samantha winkle her nose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    At 7.10 to go in the first quarter there was a holding the ball against Foote. But I've replayed it and he doesn't seem to have ever touched the ball. Any idea why folks?
    The umpiring is just generally crap.

A win over Carlton is good in any era. This old Toohey's ad is a beauty.
    Tooheys (Mojo) "How'd Do You Feel?"' Sydney Swans - YouTube

A poor performance today but we got the 4 points.

Highlight of the day was that huge spoil by grundy in the 4th quarter where he came from so far away - other than that not much memorable to come out of it but at least we won.

Grundy should be in the squad for all Australian for mine - that one game aside earlier in the year aside he has been absolutely rock solid.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Allir was so composed and did great things - he's just just getting better each week.
    I love him, Lexy. I truly do.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

In fairness to Carlton, BB really has them playing good footy and well organised footy as well. They played hard contested football for 4 qtrs and didn't make many errors. This is not the Carlton we played in round 2. Some of those GWS players they picked up, like Plowman, Sumner and Phillips are playing very well. It also seems that our opponents seem to be saving those opportunistic goals for us. We've been giving up those kick and hope goals so often lately, while we seem to be just missing them.

I think the way Hanners has been kicking the ball his best role is to tag the opposition's best midfielder. It's not much use having him get a whole lot of possessions if he just gives it back straight away to the other side.

XR played more than well enough to keep his spot. I also thought Foote was pretty good. Didn't have a big influence, but didn't look out of place at this level.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast