Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 18 MDT. Sydney V Carlton. SCG. 13.45pm

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    It certainty wasnt clear at the ground to me why it was even a free.
    Because they were a Melbourne team. The only Victorian team this season where we got more free kicks than them was vs Essendon.

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    I agree. In fact, he seemed quite instep.
    [groan] oh a Foote pun - how corny!

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Because they were a Melbourne team. The only Victorian team this season where we got more free kicks than them was vs Essendon.
    Even though the field umps from from WA and SA.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Even though the field umps from from WA and SA.
    Dean Margetts from WA went to the Hawks training camp in 2015, attended all their meetings. It is in the article in the other thread.

Veterans List
    Well that was highly frustrating, close to our worst performance of the year. That said, the Blues were good, they're building a half way decent team.

Only positives for me were Heeney's second half, X's first half, couple of tremendous performances from Kennedy & Parker, and efforts of AA and Reg. You could raffle the rest - Hanners & Mitch's disposal efficiency truly awful. It does show we miss McVeigh when he's not playing, and I wouldn't mind a Jetta back in the squad either.

Anyways, guess this is what you get with a young squad, but if we can just get things 5% better there might be a flag to steal here. Am I kidding myself?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    A poor performance today but we got the 4 points.

Highlight of the day was that huge spoil by grundy in the 4th quarter where he came from so far away - other than that not much memorable to come out of it but at least we won.

Grundy should be in the squad for all Australian for mine - that one game aside earlier in the year aside he has been absolutely rock solid.
    That was not only game-saving, it was potentially season-saving. Magnificent effort from Reg.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    In my view, we've not been getting enough from Hewett for a while - has a tendency to search for the free kick when in possession...
    I don't think that is true, he tends to dive into contests head first and had got a few free kicks. Just because a few RWOer's have pointed this out doesn't make him a footballer that looks for penalties first, play the ball second.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Giants sneak above us. Looked far more impressive than we did.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I don't think that is true, he tends to dive into contests head first and had got a few free kicks. Just because a few RWOer's have pointed this out doesn't make him a footballer that looks for penalties first, play the ball second.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    My comment was based on my own observations and has got nothing to do with what other RWOers have said. He got caught with the ball a couple of times yesterday, and reckon that was partly because he was thinking about drawing the free rather than disposing of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    My comment was based on my own observations and has got nothing to do with what other RWOers have said. He got caught with the ball a couple of times yesterday, and reckon that was partly because he was thinking about drawing the free rather than disposing of it.
    Exactly my thoughts also Matt.

Surprised there is not more love for Mills, he was my BOG. Keen to watch the replay during the week to confirm...

Senior Player
    Agree re Mills. God, what a future! But the Giants are some years ahead of where we thought. And they're there for a long time. Both newcomers were over compensated, but GC buggered it up. Be prepared to fight for second place for a while, and don't donate this year to anyone else either.

Don't be one of those that predict the end of the world whenever the giants get a win.

At half time they were half the score of the 10th ranked team.

Warming the Bench
    I think this year is looking a lot like 2013, we haven't been able to get our best team on the ground all year due to injuries.
    The kids are playing some great footy but they can also go missing. Our biggest problem is we arn't kicking enough goals which is keeping the opposition in the game. We won't beat top sides kicking 10 goals.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast