Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Ladder Position

Senior Player
    Not really sure that there will be empty seats at the GF, as most of tickets are not actually sold to members of the competing clubs, so GWS lack of members won't actually effect it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I had a dream Saturday night that the Hawks and GWS were in the grand final. There were bays of empty seats that were meant for the GWS members. The Hawks were playing badly but they were winning and I was lamenting that we didn't make it as we would've won.

Lucky my dreams don't come true ??.
    - - - Updated - - -

Not really sure that there will be empty seats at the GF, as most of tickets are not actually sold to members of the competing clubs, so GWS lack of members won't actually effect it too much.

I had a dream Saturday night that the Hawks and GWS were in the grand final. There were bays of empty seats that were meant for the GWS members. The Hawks were playing badly but they were winning and I was lamenting that we didn't make it as we would've won.

Lucky my dreams don't come true ????.

Senior Player
    I had a dream, that all teams were treated equal ????.
    Fixed for you, with apologies to Martin Luther King

Senior Player
    If I recall correctly the competing teams get about 15000 seats each at the grand final. So that would definitely mean that GWS ballot would be undersubscribed. If you remember in 2012 the swans ballot was undersubscribed and they opened up seats for sale to members who hadn't entered the ballot after all the ballot members got their seats. If GWS get to the grand final I'm sure that they will have to ooen seats to public sale after the ballot seats are allocated

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    If I recall correctly the competing teams get about 15000 seats each at the grand final. So that would definitely mean that GWS ballot would be undersubscribed. If you remember in 2012 the swans ballot was undersubscribed and they opened up seats for sale to members who hadn't entered the ballot after all the ballot members got their seats. If GWS get to the grand final I'm sure that they will have to ooen seats to public sale after the ballot seats are allocated
    If WE get to the granny this year, there are going to be 40,000 disappointed fans.
    I won't be disappointed... I'm a guaranteed club ticket.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

There will be a mass buy up of GWS memberships by supporters of the GF opponent the week before the GF.

Senior Player
    Yes, Grand Final tickets could to be lying around like confetti in some Sydney households should the unthinkable of a Swans-GWS GF occur.
    Eddie's already fat head will explode for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    There will be a mass buy up of GWS memberships by supporters of the GF opponent the week before the GF.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    If WE get to the granny this year, there are going to be 40,000 disappointed fans.
    I won't be disappointed... I'm a guaranteed club ticket.
    I'd like to know what position you hold at the club that guarantees you a Grand Final ticket ahead of "40,000 disappointed fans", [Members I assume].

Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    I'd like to know what position you hold at the club that guarantees you a Grand Final ticket ahead of "40,000 disappointed fans", [Members I assume].
    The top memberships - Red Back and Ultimate, include a grand final tick guarantee or (like me) members can purchase the add on of Premiership club to guarantee a ticket.

Senior Player
    It's what the club call The Premiership Club. You pay an extra $80 or whatever (I forget the amount) when you pay for your membership at the start of the year, and you are guaranteed the chance to buy a Grand Final ticket should the Swans make it. I think it's not a bad deal. If we don't make it the club keeps the money, and that's fine with me. I presume the other clubs do something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yes, Grand Final tickets could to be lying around like confetti in some Sydney households should the unthinkable of a Swans-GWS GF occur.
    Eddie's already fat head will explode for sure.
    Imagine the crying from Eddie on how we (Sydney Swans) get preferential treatment. Just going on the stats, there is a HS article today. Of the top 20 draft picks in their side, the Swans have the second least playing -a Total Of 6- GWS have 23, but I suppose its to be expected given the are a new side. So judging by statistics I would say we don't get that well looked after!Do you agree Eddie?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    The top memberships - Red Back and Ultimate, include a grand final tick guarantee or (like me) members can purchase the add on of Premiership club to guarantee a ticket.
    Premiership Club = #winning

Senior Player
    The Edster has never let facts get in the way of a good ole whinge session about us or the crew out at Spotless. I don't think he's ever recovered from
    being run out of town with his tail between his legs all those years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Imagine the crying from Eddie on how we (Sydney Swans) get preferential treatment. Just going on the stats, there is a HS article today. Of the top 20 draft picks in their side, the Swans have the second least playing -a Total Of 6- GWS have 23, but I suppose its to be expected given the are a new side. So judging by statistics I would say we don't get that well looked after!Do you agree Eddie?

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast