Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 20 MDT. Sydney V Port Adelaide. SCG. 13.45pm.

Veterans List
    The day just got better with Hawthorn losing ????.

YES!!
    GO DEMONS!!!

Great game to watch
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veterans List
    144.2% now, a 12% gain in the last two weeks......pity we turned off in the last quarter today. Still, a great win! ......Gold Coast still in control against Giants, 5 goals to 2.

On our game, I thought the boys did well, last quarter was a joke but on the other hand they played in WA last Sunday so two dominant quarters and two with enough to keep port at bay is good.

I know it's been said, but sheesh.
    Allir is good.
    For a bare handful of games he is composed and seems to have good decision making.
    Can't wait to see how he grows

Senior Player
    Guess they were told not to hurt themselves in the last quarter Well, that will do fine and go the Dees.

Veteran Site Admin
    I thought they just looked tired in the last quarter, as if they'd been working their butts off for an hour and a half on heavy turf. Fancy that. There were still some outstanding efforts around the contest to try and get the ball going their way. They just didn't have the legs left to create fluent chains of footy forwards.

Apart from the quiet ending, that was a really outstanding team performance (or an absolutely shocking effort from Port - probably a bit of both). Aliir continues to amaze me with his composure, the quality of his disposals and his rate of improvement. It was good to see him kicking a bit longer at times today too. Better in the conditions.

Rampe is the other player who's really bringing a smile to my face this year. He'd already shown he was a very solid player and has improved each year he's been on the list. But his form at the moment is just outstanding. He is invoking the spirit of Craig Bolton, who started as an accomplished third tall / rebounding defender and then gradually acquired the know-how, confidence and composure to nullify far bigger opponents. I am struggling to recall him making a single mistake this season!

Senior Player
    Final quarter, Rohan was off, Franklin and Cunningham nursing bumps/niggles so the 4th quarter though frustrating was understandable.

Veterans List
    Here's a familiar theme, from the afl.com.au write up on the Dees/Hawks game........."Hawthorn was on the back foot from the start with Melbourne taking the game on and it was only two goals from 50-metre penalties, a fortunate free kick and Rioli's brilliance that kept them in the contest. Ring a bell?

Warming the Bench
    If GW$ lose today it will be a cherry on top of the icing on my birthday cake ??

And Mitchell for Hawks I think has been reported !!!

The Tree Is Out There treespirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Here's a familiar theme, from the afl.com.au write up on the Dees/Hawks game........."Hawthorn was on the back foot from the start with Melbourne taking the game on and it was only two goals from 50-metre penalties, a fortunate free kick and Rioli's brilliance that kept them in the contest. Ring a bell?
    Yep. I watched a fair bit of this match and the "Hawthorn Rule" was in effect until it was clear they would lose. I know the stats don't really support that they get more frees, but they sure seem to get more of the momentum changers.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast