Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 22 Swans v Kangaroos Aug 20 Hobart

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    ANOTHER MYSTERY SOLVED BY NEUROSCIENCE.

On the scan below, we can see a small problem with the brain of umpire Schmitt. On the left side of the scan and highlighted in blue, is the area of his brain that is responsible for giving free kicks against the Swans. While on the right, is the area that awards frees to the Swans. Some of the missing area has some responsibility for things like personality and sensory perception.

Attachment 1593
    I believe the "m" in Schmitt is silent.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Personally I see Adelaide going top
    Us to verse Geelong week 1 of the finals is my prediction
    "Verse"?????

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    "Verse"?????
    Yep. Lay them flat with a swingeing sonnet.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Yep. Lay them flat with a swingeing sonnet.
    Poetry slam!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    I believe the "m" in Schmitt is silent.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
    Yes, I think you're right.
    He often really Schmitts me. He's an irritating little Schmitt.
    I could go on.
    And I probably will later.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I think you're right.
    He often really Schmitts me. He's an irritating little Schmitt.
    I could go on.
    And I probably will later.
    He's been known to schmitt me to tears.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Mrs d and I watched the game in a large bar with a movie size screen in a Perth suburb; there were about a dozen anxious Swans fans who were mightily relieved when the final siren went.

We (the team of course) were not as tidy as we could have been but a lot of our errors were forced by North's habitual tight manning up. I couldn't believe the commentator (not sure who it was, Tim Watson?) who at a critical point in the (I think) Q3 said "The Swans are one on one all over the ground." I wish.

Our seniors and youngsters divided the honours today. Hannebery, Kennedy, Parker, Rampe and Reg were very good. Mills was amazing - induces instant confidence in the watchers whenever he gets the ball, Heeney was a potent mix of clever and careful, Aliir impresses me deeply in the way he learns as he goes and his speed over the ground, Papley makes the odd mistake but is obviously a dangerous small forward and the answer to a fan's prayer, Hewitt knows where to be and what to do, Xav did some good deeds, shame he couldn't cap it off with a major.

I share some of the concern about Towers. He obviously has the speed and size to make a considerable impact but his disposal today was on and off; but if we replace him, who could do better?

The umpiring was glaringly inconsistent, in fact downright Schmitty. It is a credit to the team that they held their nerve and played out the clock.
    Last edited by dimelb; 20th August 2016 at 07:09 PM.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    I don't think Aliir was 'found out.' He was certainly challenged and needed to recalibrate, which he did. A quieter overall game than what we've seen in recent weeks but hardly warranting a spell in the twos.
    The roos obviously did their research on Allir, he was quiet (compared to his past and only few games) but as you said he recalibrated.
    And he'll be a better player from the challenge.
    He strikes me as a player that leaves his errors behind during the game but learns from them and learns well.

For someone that was a potential delist at the beginning of the season he's now keepingTeddy out of the team.

Can't wait to see his career as a Swan

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Mills is a deadset freak. The most composed player on the field

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    "Aliir possibly could come out for Teddy, he was found out today and looked too vulnerable and I wouldn't mind some experience back there"

So we should drop Mills as well based on this theory?
    Ted has been a great servant but I don't see him as part of our team during the finals
    AA was not up to his recent form in the first half but did some great stuff in the second half, he's a keeper and dropping him now would be counterproductive to both his and the teams development.
    Agree entirely, Allir is there to stay. Sorry Ted, I love you, we all love you, but that's footy........although I dare say if Allir feels the finals pressure and has a shocker in the first week, Teddy might be rushed back in, but I really don't think that is going to happen. Allir is a cool cat...er, Swan!

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Mrs d and I watched the game in a large bar with a movie size screen in a Perth suburb; there were about a dozen anxious Swans fans who were mightily relieved when the final siren went.

We (the team of course) were not as tidy as we could have been but a lot of our errors were forced by North's habitual tight manning up. I couldn't believe the commentator (not sure who it was, Tim Watson?) who at a critical point in the (I think) Q3 said "The Swans are one on one all over the ground." I wish.

Our seniors and youngsters divided the honours today. Hannebery, Kennedy, Parker, Rampe and Reg were very good. Mills was amazing - induces instant confidence in the watchers whenever he gets the ball, Heeney was a potent mix of clever and careful, Aliir impresses me deeply in the way he learns as he goes and his speed over the ground, Papley makes the odd mistake but is obviously a dangerous small forward and the answer to a fan's prayer, Hewitt knows where to be and what to do, Xav did some good deeds, shame he couldn't cap it off with a major.

I share some of the concern about Towers. He obviously has the speed and size to make a considerable impact but his disposal today was on and off; but if we replace him, who could do better?

The umpiring was glaringly inconsistent, in fact downright Schmitty. It is a credit to the team that they held their nerve and played out the clock.
    Some good points there, especially about Mills inducing instant confidence. That was pretty well exactly how I was viewing it during the game. I would be somewhat tense as the Roos got the ball forward, then the tension would ease, as Mills once again took another intercept position. Then I would relax further, knowing that the ball would be used wisely. And speaking of Roos, but another Roos, I was also thinking during the game, that he actually reminds a bit of Roosy back in the day. While they are obviously different body shapes, I think there is a similarity to how Roosy used to play. How they find space and time. How they both seem to see the game that little bit quicker than most, which means they can get to the right place, just that little bit before other players get there. And most of all, how they can seem to almost amble out of defence, while remarkably they rarely seem to be under the pressure of other players.
    And I do hope that Melbourne sneaks into the finals, just to give Roosy the send off that he deserves, after rescuing the Demons from their decline.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Mills is a deadset freak. The most composed player on the field
    Even Timmy The TormentedWatson remarked that Callum had footy skills that just couldn't be taught!

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast