Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Sledging Swans?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    If you want 'putrid' watch Rance stand the mark. He scratches into the ground a mark that is invariably 1 metre further forward than it should be.
    I would be disappointed if a defender didn't try it on. It's the same as a forward trying to crib a metre or two going the other way.

Goes up to 11
    Many GWS players are horrid little snipers - they embody poor sportsmanship. They have Sheedy to thank for a lot of that, combined with an ill-informed sense of entitlement due to everything the AFL has thrown their way. Very few of them seem to have much class.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    C'mon. Australian sportspeople are world-class sledgers and thus it ever was. No reason the Swans would be any different. It's hilarious watching McGlynn at a game, never shuts up, always in someone's ear.
    I read it as "we don't do it a lot", not "we don't do it". I'm sure every team would have a few sledgers but some would do it more than others.

While on the topic of on-field chat, I have noticed our players do seem to be more vocal with the umpires since the Hawthorn game as we have been given a few 50m penalties for players going over the mark/encroaching on the protected area in the last few weeks, I've seen McGlynn point at the mark a couple of times to let the umpires know where it is. As long as they do it respectfully and don't plead for free kicks it might be a smart tactic, no harm in asking the question.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    The question I want to ask is should we have more sledgers in our team and resort to dirty tactics to win?

Seems to work for putrid clubs like Hawthorn.
    What we've been doing seems to work pretty well for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz80 View Post
    Id also say Tom Papley and Callum Mills love a sledge also from what ive seen in the past.
    I definitely noticed Mills loves to sledge. Not bad for a first year player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    What we've been doing seems to work pretty well for us.
    I used to think that until 2014. I'm almost starting to believe all the Hawthorn bull@@@@ that we didn't win 2012 and they lost it.

God I hope we sledge....
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Sledging can backfire big time.
    Scoreboard pressure leaves sledging for dead ..... And being in front when the final siren goes .
    There's a lot of hype around this game, like its the Grand Final.
    Let's just get the job done and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Sledging can backfire big time.
    Scoreboard pressure leaves sledging for dead ..... And being in front when the final siren goes .
    There's a lot of hype around this game, like its the Grand Final.
    Let's just get the job done and move on.
    It's our Grand Final because I reckon if we lose this it's almost season over for us. Win and I'm confident we go all the way. Giants are the only ones that seriously challenged us.

It's our Grand Final because I reckon if we lose this it's almost season over for us. Win and I'm confident we go all the way. Giants are the only ones that seriously challenged us.
    Using that logic, even if we lost, we should win all the rest & still make the GF. Also given that 4 other teams did beat us albeit by small margins, I'd say they did, in fact, seriously (& somewhat successfully) challenge is. This is such an even season that almost anyone could win it.

The other seven teams in the top eight can seriously challenge us.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    The other seven teams in the top eight can seriously challenge us.
    As it should be for an exciting season. Much better that way.

Completely disagree. Don't think we're done if we lose. Would be happy to play Giants in GF either way. Conversely don't think it is in the bag if we win. I agree that all the finalists can seriously challenge us. But I'd like to think we would beat them all more than 5 times if we played 10 matches.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast