Page 96 of 196 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,152 of 2341

Thread: 2016 trading and drafting (merged thread)

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    X might just walk away and play VFL!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    What's your source for this?

"Swans trade pick 39 and 52 for GWS's pick 31 #AFLTrades" that's more like it

No news on if we're gonna pick up any delisted players?

What seems to be a more significant factor than usual this trade period is salary cap space. I haven't done a close analysis but my impression is that clubs with room to move in their salary cap are well placed to swoop on players that other clubs want to move on due to salary cap issues and can pay unders e.g. T.Mitchell to the Hawks, S. Mitchell and J.Lewis from the Hawks, the haemorrhaging of quality players out of GWS for bargain basement prices etc. Am I jumping to conclusions or do others think the same? Does this mean it would be shrewd, for future trade periods, to consider having some salary cap up our sleeve? (A very complicated question because mostly the clubs with salary cap space are probably at the bottom of the ladder which is why they have the space. On the other hand, if the Hawks miss out on O'Meara then they will be in this position next time - but only as silver lining to a mostly horrible trade period for them.)

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    "Swans trade pick 39 and 52 for GWS's pick 31 #AFLTrades" that's more like it
    I heard a rumour that there were several draftees that have caught the eye of Tom Harley that will likely be outside the top ten. Maybe this trade confirms it.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    What seems to be a more significant factor than usual this trade period is salary cap space. I haven't done a close analysis but my impression is that clubs with room to move in their salary cap are well placed to swoop on players that other clubs want to move on due to salary cap issues and can pay unders e.g. T.Mitchell to the Hawks, S. Mitchell and J.Lewis from the Hawks, the haemorrhaging of quality players out of GWS for bargain basement prices etc. Am I jumping to conclusions or do others think the same? Does this mean it would be shrewd, for future trade periods, to consider having some salary cap up our sleeve? (A very complicated question because mostly the clubs with salary cap space are probably at the bottom of the ladder which is why they have the space. On the other hand, if the Hawks miss out on O'Meara then they will be in this position next time - but only as silver lining to a mostly horrible trade period for them.)
    I am of course seriously hoping that the Hawks don't get JOM in the next 2 hours (or in the draft). Salary cap is certainly an issue for GWS, I think Hawks over-trading was more tactical and about refreshing their list. There are a lot of clubs with salary cap issues / constraints: Richmond, Geelong, Port. You wonder if the fact that they don't know how much they've got to spend is making things worse this year?

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    You wonder if the fact that they don't know how much they've got to spend is making things worse this year?
    I think this is an excellent observation, not announcing the new cap may be a cunning ploy from the AFL to try and stifle the multi million offers that have started to appear.
    sprite

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    No news on if we're gonna pick up any delisted players?
    Who did you have in mind?

We don't have any apparent weaknesses and we can pick up a delisted free agent for another month or so yet

Fringe players being given away, especially GWS. I would be happy to upgrade our pick 31 a few places to GEEL 24, CAR 25 or RICH 27. But probably will just see him delisted. I wonder if Finlayson is in play.

Terry Wallace on Trade Radio showing off his ignorance as never before. It's a shame the concussion rule wasn't around when he was playing. I know he hates the Swans, but he has no idea about our list and makes the dumbest comments.

I think we will do well enough going into the draft with our current picks.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Fringe players being given away, especially GWS. I would be happy to upgrade our pick 31 a few places to GEEL 24, CAR 25 or RICH 27. But probably will just see him delisted. I wonder if Finlayson is in play.

Terry Wallace on Trade Radio showing off his ignorance as never before. It's a shame the concussion rule wasn't around when he was playing. I know he hates the Swans, but he has no idea about our list and makes the dumbest comments.

I think we will do well enough going into the draft with our current picks.
    What did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    What's your source for this?
    SENwere saying that he want out of Sydney and back to Melbourne. Misses mum's home cooking lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    What did he say?
    +1