Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mike Fitzpatrick... piece of trash

Wow that link is really interesting. And proves what we all believed - statistically speaking we actually do get shafted ????

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Posters View Post
    Wow that link is really interesting. And proves what we all believed - statistically speaking we actually do get shafted ??
    Nowhere near as much as the poor old lions, with their negative free kick effect playing at home

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Posters View Post
    Wow that link is really interesting. And proves what we all believed - statistically speaking we actually do get shafted ????
    Nowhere near as much as the poor old lions, with their negative free kick effect playing at home
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    I believe that i am not supposed to copy from other boards but it contains an article that shows that Sydney has the 2nd lowest contested ball/free kick ratio for the last 17 years.??????

Do teams that win contested ball win more free kicks? � The Arc

So funny to read other boards and how the AFL has assisted us for our premierships and finals series.

Mike has been on the AFL Commission since 2003. GTFO..

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    There was even more in today's HS in Victoria re: Mummy's 'apology', slating the Swans for being thin skinned (I believe no one at our club complained, the media reported it after Mumford admitted to the Giants hierarchy what he said!), and yes, some claiming that we're still the AFL's 'love child'.......it's sickening how deluded most Melbourne based fans are!
    Last edited by stevoswan; 14th September 2016 at 07:50 PM.

Do the world a favour and when you see a Herald Dumb paper in a cafe or maccas, throw it in the bin.

That @@@@ is toxic and poisoning minds.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroyII View Post
    Do the world a favour and when you see a Herald Dumb paper in a cafe or maccas, throw it in the bin.

That @@@@ is toxic and poisoning minds.
    Absolutely......any paper that has Bolt as their star opinion writer is very questionable.

Unfortunately the AFL is a private entity. It can do, and does, as it pleases and can choose what public noise, stakeholders and media it wants to take seriously. At times we've done OK from it. Outside Sydney the public have a very different perspective of the Swans, often wrong, based on bits and pieces of media reports they choose to notice.

The supporters of a handful of Melbourne clubs must be enormously frustrated at the irrelevance. Who'd want to be a QLD AFL fan at the moment?

You only have to look recent (temporary) upheavals in olympics, soccer, cycling etc to see how sporting bodies operate. At the moment things are pretty distorted with the Melbourne power base unable to let go of its old boys club and become truly national. Its still VFL Plus. Sometimes its like watching a blockbuster movie. You have to suspend disbelief.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bodgie View Post
    Unfortunately the AFL is a private entity. It can do, and does, as it pleases and can choose what public noise, stakeholders and media it wants to take seriously. At times we've done OK from it. Outside Sydney the public have a very different perspective of the Swans, often wrong, based on bits and pieces of media reports they choose to notice.

The supporters of a handful of Melbourne clubs must be enormously frustrated at the irrelevance. Who'd want to be a QLD AFL fan at the moment?

You only have to look recent (temporary) upheavals in olympics, soccer, cycling etc to see how sporting bodies operate. At the moment things are pretty distorted with the Melbourne power base unable to let go of its old boys club and become truly national. Its still VFL Plus. Sometimes its like watching a blockbuster movie. You have to suspend disbelief.
    That's pretty well spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    There was even more in today's HS in Victoria re: Mummy's 'apology', slating the Swans for being thin skinned (I believe no one at our club complained, the media reported it after Mumford admitted to the Giants hierarchy what he said!), and yes, some claiming that we're still the AFL's 'love child'.......it's sickening how deluded most Melbourne based fans are!
    And it was also a convenient distraction from the offensive, "at no stage did Tippett's head hit the ground".

Quote Originally Posted by bodgie View Post

As much as the current administration is starting to piss me off, the AFL commission is not a private entity. It is elected by the AFL clubs.
    That being said, I can easily imagine Mike Fitzpatrick becoming Australia's own version of Sepp Blatter.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Allegedly, Lance started it by saying something like ha ha sucked in, you got sacked so they could buy me.
    Mummy, of course, retaliated, and had to stand in the corner and say sorry.

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Buddy 1
    Mumford 0
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    Is Fitzpatrick really that vindictive regarding the Buddy deal? In any case, the COLA money went to the lower paid players as a way of offsetting the COL in Sydney. Buddy would get none of the COLA money.

So, what is his agenda?
    If he wants to get GWS established in Sydney by throwing concessions at them he has already achieved that. Do you remember the rumblings from the Melbourne media when GWS flogged Hawthorn by 80 points this season.
    Can you imagine the howl from Maguire, etc. if GWS win the flag this year?
    And GWS still has lots of good young players and draft picks. What happens if they win next year too?

Eventually, the concessions will disappear and GWS will have to survive like the Swans have to. Remember the concessions given to the Brisbane Lions to get them established. After 3 premierships these concessions disappeared and that was the end of the Brisbane Lions. Now, they're a basket case. Now, look at the Swans. From the start of the Paul Roos era we have missed the finals once. We have played in 4 grand finals and won 2. Along with Geelong and Hawthorn, most commentators/analysts consider the Swans to be a powerhouse club of the AFL.
    Give it time, good people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    Is Fitzpatrick really that vindictive regarding the Buddy deal? In any case, the COLA money went to the lower paid players as a way of offsetting the COL in Sydney. Buddy would get none of the COLA money.

So, what is his agenda?
    If he wants to get GWS established in Sydney by throwing concessions at them he has already achieved that. Do you remember the rumblings from the Melbourne media when GWS flogged Hawthorn by 80 points this season.
    Can you imagine the howl from Maguire, etc. if GWS win the flag this year?
    And GWS still has lots of good young players and draft picks. What happens if they win next year too?

Eventually, the concessions will disappear and GWS will have to survive like the Swans have to. Remember the concessions given to the Brisbane Lions to get them established. After 3 premierships these concessions disappeared and that was the end of the Brisbane Lions. Now, they're a basket case. Now, look at the Swans. From the start of the Paul Roos era we have missed the finals once. We have played in 4 grand finals and won 2. Along with Geelong and Hawthorn, most commentators/analysts consider the Swans to be a powerhouse club of the AFL.
    Give it time, good people.
    GWS have the list to enter a 8-10 year premiership window and I'll be surprised if they don't win 4-5 flags in that period.

But for mine it will be truly surreal if they do with their bunch of plastic fans and arrogant administrators. I know they had to give them every chance of success but they are just about to tear up well over 100 years of record books with a 100% manufactured success. Then again what else could it be for an expansion team. Even Brisbane had some serious runs on the board before their success and the "merger" with Fitzroy was a once in a lifetime bonus but still one that does not even come close to GWS.

The AFL have invested so much money in this team they just can't walk away and destroy it as soon as it has some success (sound familiar?). But it is totally unworkable having the administering body also owning one of the competing clubs. Not so much when they are crap but totally unacceptable when they win the comp repeatedly (as GWS will) with an annual loss of $10m+ with no possibility of a profit.

GWS will become the AFLs worst nightmare. The only solution I can see is for the AFL to sell GWS as soon as possible to an owner with deep pockets who is prepared to fund 10-15 years of losses and play the long game. Then again the AFL needs to be careful for what it wishes for because an IMG or a Chinese investor won't give a fig about the cosy little Victorian cartel and its illegal work practices and it certainly wouldn't put up with being treated the way the Swans have the last few years. So, really the AFL can only sell to an owners more powerful and with deeper pockets than itself which doesn't seem that appealing to me if I'm Gill the Dill.

Strap yourselves in for a crazy few years

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast