Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Mike Fitzpatrick... piece of trash

Lol. Win 1 final at home and the world ends. They need to win 4 flags in the era just to match hawthorn. 3 to match geelong or brisbane.
    Many rivers to cross to ever get there.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Lol. Win 1 final at home and the world ends. They need to win 4 flags in the era just to match hawthorn. 3 to match geelong or brisbane.
    Many rivers to cross to ever get there.
    ....but easier with a very flashy boat!

If you seriously thing GWS are unbeatable we might as well tank the next few years for draft picks. In 3 years time we can hire paul roos to resurect us.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    Is Fitzpatrick really that vindictive regarding the Buddy deal?
    So, what is his agenda?
    If he wants to get GWS established in Sydney by throwing concessions at them he has already achieved that.
    If I am Mike Fitzpatrick wearing my AFL hat, and IF my chief objective is to grow AFL in Sydney, my agenda right would be to drive a wedge between the Swans and the Giants fan base.

Think about it - Sheedy started it all with plenty of anti-establishment and anti-club jibes, but that doesn't create a rivalry. It sparked some club-to-club banter etc, but really, us supporters on both sides have really had no cause to complain thus far. In 11 games over four years we've beaten them eight times, they've beaten us three. Par for the course really. Now look at us we're pissed off at the Giants big time, and we're blaming media bias, AFL bias (at the highest levels), umpire bias and MRP bias. A bit more of this, plus a few more beltings/epics between the Giants on the paddock and you've got a pretty good foundation for a long-term rivalry. Particularly if we spend the better part of a decade in the Giants shadow and have to throw everything we have at proving that we're the legitimate number one.

Or this could be BS and he's just a short sighted @@@@@
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    If I am Mike Fitzpatrick wearing my AFL hat, and IF my chief objective is to grow AFL in Sydney, my agenda right would be to drive a wedge between the Swans and the Giants fan base.

Think about it - Sheedy started it all with plenty of anti-establishment and anti-club jibes, but that doesn't create a rivalry. It sparked some club-to-club banter etc, but really, us supporters on both sides have really had no cause to complain thus far. In 11 games over four years we've beaten them eight times, they've beaten us three. Par for the course really. Now look at us we're pissed off at the Giants big time, and we're blaming media bias, AFL bias (at the highest levels), umpire bias and MRP bias. A bit more of this, plus a few more beltings/epics between the Giants on the paddock and you've got a pretty good foundation for a long-term rivalry. Particularly if we spend the better part of a decade in the Giants shadow and have to throw everything we have at proving that we're the legitimate number one.

Or this could be BS and he's just a short sighted @@@@@
    I suspect that the vitriol coming out of Victoria will massively drown out any angst between us.

Yes, I know we're jumping at shadows a bit and they've only won one final but this list will be the most talented and deepest in the game's history. And it has the potential to make a mockery of the competition for a decade and turn the thing into a contrived result.

The side on the weekend effectively had EIGHTEEN first rounders (think it was pick 21 or lower). They'll go to the draft this year and take another 4-5 first rounders and then via their very astute trading strategy they'll do it all again next year.

And that team that belted us, and I mean they played us off the park, could well conservatively have 10-15% improvement in then next year. Of course they'll come back to the field eventually but IF the doomsday scenario unfolds, IF they become as good as I suspect they will then I think we will be seeing the greatest team and greatest period of dominance in the game's history. If you think we're pissed off how do you think the Doggies fans are going to feel when their best chance of a flag since '54 gets belted all the way back to EJ Whitten Oval by the side Demetriou created.

And I know we all think the Suns are the stuff ups here but don't rule them out either, they are just about to potentially add 6 first rounders to what is already possibly the best spine in the competition (7 if they trade Swallow as well)

And part of me is going to enjoy seeing the AFLs collective chooks coming home to roost.

If you seriously thing GWS are unbeatable we might as well tank the next few years for draft picks. In 3 years time we can hire paul roos to resurect us.

I don't think we are in that boat but in all seriousness, if GWS DO become as good as I fear then a club like, say, Richmond should just give up the idea of a flag within 7 years and trade EVERY player over the age of 24 on their list that has any trade value. Bottom out, get the Pick 1 and 19, get your first rounders for Jack Reiwldt, Brett Deledio, Dustin Martin, Trent Cochin and Alex Rance and plunder a draft with six first rounders and then start to see the improvement in 2019. In many ways it is a lost opportunity that I think the Bombers have let slip by re-signing so many players that they could have gotten a first rounder for but they have had that experience of blooding so many rookies etc

It won't happen of course but if getting a flag was the absolute only thing then why bother the next five years if you're a club that far behind GWS?

No one really thinks richmond can win a flag in 20 years let alone 7.

No one really thinks richmond can win a flag in 20 years let alone 7.

Good point

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Point of order. Isn't he a "lump of faecel matter" rather than a "piece of trash"? I've grown so used to the former proposition that I no longer know how to respond to the latter.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345