Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: The Final Quarter / The Australian Dream (AG documentaries) and related discussion

Happy and I know it

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Fantastic! Thanks for posting, erica!

Magnificent. Such a contrast between the depth of humanity on display here and the shrivelled petty-mindedness of Adam's critics.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks Erica. A simple and direct story, told with pain, passion and pride.

And congratulations to Marlee for how she has taken up flag for her people.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veteran Site Admin
    This thread ("The Final Quarter / The Australian Dream (AG documentaries and related discussion") has been created from various parts of the "Adam Goodes - Swans Legend thread", and the thread that was once residing in Open Chat as a place to continue discussion about The Final Quarter (which many people will have an opportunity to see for the first time this evening on C10). This frees up the "Adam Goodes - Swans Legend" thread to track what he's doing post retirement, without everything getting lost amongst the discussion on the films and, more broadly, the circumstances around how he departed from the game.

The less constructive posts from the discussions have been weeded out and are no longer accessible.

This is a Swans forum for Swans fans. The overwhelming majority of posters on this forum are sympathetic towards Goodes and the stand he took. If you choose to post an alternative point of view, bear this in mind. Keep your posts civil, constructive and on topic. If you respond to someone who has posted a point of view that you don't agree with, keep your response civil, constructive and on topic. If you read a post you don't agree with, think about whether responding at all is the most appropriate response. Very often the most effective response is no response. No-one will assume you condone someone else's opinion just because you don't respond.

Posts (and responses) that don't adhere to these standards will be deleted - in full, even if only a small part fails to meet the standards.

If you see the deletion of posts that don't adhere to the above as censorship, so be it. Participation in RWO does not provide you the absolute right to free speech. RWO posting rules take precedence over your right to express any opinion in any form. This includes not accusing other RWO posters of being racist. Those exchanges go nowhere and don't adhere to forum posting rules.

The above applies to discussions on any topic, but is particularly pertinent to this topic because it is one that evokes strong opinions and reactions from many of us, and a large number of recent posts on the topic have failed to adhere to these standards. These posting standards are not up for discussion, not within this thread anyway. Any comments debating them will be deleted as "off topic". If you have any concerns, communicate them via PM to Danzar, Meg and/or me.

As a reminder The Final Quarter screens tonight on C10 at 7.30pm. The second film referred to in this thread title (The Australian Dream) is due to open the Melbourne Film Festival next month and then, as I understand, to be released in cinemas nationally later in the year.
    Last edited by liz; 18th July 2019 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Corrected name of second film, plus grammatical edits

Thanks Liz , all very reassuring .

I urge everyone to text yr fam/friends (who’ve
    probably never heard of RWO anyway) to watch it as only very few of us have seen it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    This thread ("The Final Quarter / An Australian Dream (AG documentaries and related discussion") has been created from various parts of the "Adam Goodes - Swans Legend thread", and the thread that was once residing in Open Chat as a place to continue discussion about The Final Quarter (which many people will have an opportunity to see for the first time this evening on C10). This frees up the "Adam Goodes - Swans Legend thread" ( Adam Goodes - Swans Legend) to track what he's doing post retirement, without everything getting lost amongst the discussion on the films and, more broadly, the circumstances around how he departed from the game.

The less constructive posts from the discussions have been weeded out and are no longer accessible.

This is a Swans forum for Swans fans. The overwhelming majority of posters on this forum are sympathetic towards Goodes and the stand he took. If you choose to post an alternative point of view, bear this in mind. Keep your posts civil, constructive and on topic. If you respond to someone who has posted a point of view that you don't agree with, keep your response civil, constructive and on topic. If you read a post you don't agree with, think about whether not responding at all is the most appropriate response. Very often it is the most effective response. No-one will assume you condone someone else's opinion just because you haven't responded.

Posts (and responses) that don't adhere to these standards will be deleted - in full, even if only a small part fails to meet the standards.

If you see the deletion of posts that don't adhere to the above as censorship, so be it. Participation in RWO does not provide you the absolute right to free speech. RWO posting rules take precedence over your right to express any opinion in any form. This includes not accusing other RWO posters of being racist. Those exchanges go nowhere and don't adhere to forum posting rules.

The above applies to discussions on any topic, but is particularly pertinent to this topic because it is one that evokes strong opinions and reactions from many of us, and a large number of recent posts on the topic have failed to adhere to these standards. These posting standards are not up for discussion, not within this thread anyway. Any comments debating them will be deleted as "off topic". If you have any concerns, communicate them via PM to me, Meg, Danzar.

As a reminder The Final Quarter screens tonight on C10 at 7.30pm. The second film referred to in this thread title (An Australian Dream) is due to open the Melbourne Film Festival next month and then, as I understand, to be released in cinemas nationally later in the year.
    The Australian Dream is releasing August 22. Put it in your dairies.

The Final Quarter / An Australian Dream (AG documentaries) and related discussion

For information, The Project is doing a special program on ‘The Final Quarter’ tonight, immediately after the film on Channel 10.

My apologies, I can’t remember who the RWO member was, but one of our benevolent members screen printed & distributed a bunch of red t-shirts with a white #37 for wearing at a game during this turbulent period in support of Adam.

I would just like to thank them for their kindness and generosity in supporting Adam.

Happy and I know it
    I'm recording the show tonight so I can watch it later. I don't think I'm ready to re-live the events yet. I hope it's watched by a wide audience, not just Adam's supporters.

Veterans List
    I'll be recording it so I can watch it without the ads. I'm apprehensive about watching it. I'm not looking forward to hearing Newman, Jones, Bolt etc.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    My apologies, I can’t remember who the RWO member was, but one of our benevolent members screen printed & distributed a bunch of red t-shirts with a white #37 for wearing at a game during this turbulent period in support of Adam.

I would just like to thank them for their kindness and generosity in supporting Adam.
    I think it was KTigers?