Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Buddy & Jack taunted by Mumford

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Then there is a classic sledge: Michael Voss calls out to brother Brett,"My father slept with your mother!" Brett got a behind.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    however the number of people who have chosen to be offended on Lances behalf is staggering.
    You know modern society would be less outraged if people learn some respect and manners for a change.

Lance took it personally from his reaction and thats good enough for me to condone what Dumbford said.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    But Buddy's reaction would suggest that yes, Lance was offended. Unless you think Buddy was just putting it on??

To me, he looked like he found the comment in poor form and didn't find it as amusing as you, hence it was offensive...
    I agree. Just because one or two people with MH issues find it funny, does not make it suddenly non offensive, just as it is inexcusable for a black person to use the 'n' word.......and also because having MH issues does not instantly eliminate one from being a d**khead bogan, if that's what they happen to be. You would think having MH issues would give people empathy towards others facing the same plight, apparently that is not the case, as we've witnessed here......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Then there is a classic sledge: Michael Voss calls out to brother Brett,"My father slept with your mother!" Brett got a behind.
    Now that IS funny!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I agree. Just because one or two people with MH issues find it funny, does not make it suddenly non offensive, just as it is inexcusable for a black person to use the 'n' word.......and also because having MH issues does not instantly eliminate one from being a d**khead bogan, if that's what they happen to be. You would think having MH issues would give people empathy towards others facing the same plight, apparently that is not the case, as we've witnessed here......
    From my experience online those who put disclaimers on their @@@@ty tirades are really just putting up a front to excuse their @@@@ty opinions and 3/4 it didnt happen.

"i am not racist but.."

"How could i be racist when i know black people..anyway we need to do someothing abut blacks"

etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Only if you are a hater-bandwagoner.
    Where were the haters five years ago?
    right here! I hated them then. I hate them now. I'll hate them forever. It has nothing to with the pseudo, manufactured rivalry. It's to do with the rediculous advantages they've been given. I'd hate The GC Suns for the same reason, but they botched theirs. I have a little bit of sympathy for them ... at the moment.

I hate Collingwood because they have traditionally stolen players from weaker clubs (we've been a big victim) and similarly Carlton.

I hate Hawthorn because of a few core group of dirty players ... and a mass of feral supporters.

The rest I don't really hate (it's a strong word). But I'll never like them ... simply because they're not Sydney.
    Last edited by goswannies; 13th September 2016 at 05:38 PM. Reason: M

Mummy's sorry he got busted.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Mummy's sorry he got busted.
    I wonder what the phone call would've been like

"Yeah hello The bud speaking"

"Daaa umm eerr Hi Lance its Shame Mumford here i am i am very sorry mate"

"Yeah alright bye"

beep beep beep beep

Veterans List
    It was obvious from the start that the league wanted a 'healthy rivalry' in Sydney to capture the 'imaginations' of a traditional non footy market, hence the love and endless gifts to the Giants, but now, at least since Buddy has arrived, their agenda seems to have hardened into making GWS the strongest team in Sydney. It's just yet another method (besides changing the rules, umpires, stadium contracts, MRP, etc), this vengeful league can use to teach us a lesson for being too successful (within the rules!). When will they be satisfied, or will the corruption and hate go on forever?

The publicity over this (and the unwarranted publicity over the standard AFL request re concussion test on Kennedy) has conveniently overrun virtually any questioning of Mumford escaping a charge on his sling tackle of Tippett.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Please. Mummy's comments are very light and barely sledging in the time-honoured tradition. The Australian cricket team wouldnt have even called that a sledge. In fact if Mummy was opening bowler and tried that on, he'd be "rested" for the next game, no matter how many wickets he took.

This GWS-hatred is starting to feel a little contrived.

- - - Updated - - -

How old are you kilroy ?
    Pretty well agree with you Barry..the Mummy comment was immature and a bit schoolboyish. He has been advised of that and squared up with Bud. Both men enough to move on.

And I too took slight offence at the 'older men' comment. I'll not see 70 again and hope that my '50s machismo atitude has waned.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    The publicity over this (and the unwarranted publicity over the standard AFL request re concussion test on Kennedy) has conveniently overrun virtually any questioning of Mumford escaping a charge on his sling tackle of Tippett.
    I reckon the tribunal's view that Tippett's head didn't even touch the ground makes them look even stupider than the NRL Bunker.
    Do these guys , along with cricket's third umpire operate with a 12inch , 20 year old B&W TV?

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I reckon the tribunal's view that Tippett's head didn't even touch the ground makes them look even stupider than the NRL Bunker.
    Do these guys , along with cricket's third umpire operate with a 12inch , 20 year old B&W TV?
    Funnily enough in the article on AFL website about Mumford's 'apology' to Franklin re the sledge, it also refers to Mumford's tackle and says the following:

"Mumford also came under Match Review Panel attention for a tackle that saw Swans ruckman Kurt Tippett's head strike the turf, but he was cleared of an illegal sling."

Someone forgot the official line!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast