Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: First Semi Final: Swans v Crows

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    No way we get a second round pick for McGlynn. A mid-late third rounder is more like it.
    Benny has no trade value, he'll finish his career as a Swan. The timing is the only question

GWS would love a stevie j again. There choices are ballentine, boomer harvey, ... and mcglynn.

Mcglynn doesn't have to move city and might think it's one last chance for a flag.

2nd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Benny has no trade value, he'll finish his career as a Swan. The timing is the only question
    I was being hopeful

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    GWS would love a stevie j again. There choices are ballentine, boomer harvey, ... and mcglynn.

Mcglynn doesn't have to move city and might think it's one last chance for a flag.

2nd rounder.
    McGlynn might not get a game with GWS. Boomer would be a better fit & in much better form (& be a much better onfield contributor) if he chose to go on. Since Boomer's not having his contract renewed, do GWS even need to trade for him? Free via the PSD?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    McGlynn might not get a game with GWS. Boomer would be a better fit & in much better form (& be a much better onfield contributor) if he chose to go on. Since Boomer's not having his contract renewed, do GWS even need to trade for him? Free via the PSD?
    He's a delisted free agent, so he doesn't need to go via PSD. He can just sign with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    He's a delisted free agent, so he doesn't need to go via PSD. He can just sign with them.
    Right! a small forward who who has some injury problems, can't consistently get a senior game and might come with a second round pick price tag ... or (if he wants to continue playing) a high profile AFL games record holder who is still in the top 5 of his club, consistently still racking up decent numbers, who comes at no trade cost?

No guarantee Boomer would go for it, but if GWS were trying to choose who to target between Benny & Brent ...

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Right! a small forward who who has some injury problems, can't consistently get a senior game and might come with a second round pick price tag ... or (if he wants to continue playing) a high profile AFL games record holder who is still in the top 5 of his club, consistently still racking up decent numbers, who comes at no trade cost?

No guarantee Boomer would go for it, but if GWS were trying to choose who to target between Benny & Brent ...
    I couldn't see why GWS would go for Boomer when they have such a talented midfield and an All Australian in Toby Greene (Scumbag) as their small forward.

I feel that Benny will stay for an additional year if he prepared to accept a modest salary and if Mitchell leaves. If Mitchell stays then there will be no cash left for Benny

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I couldn't see why GWS would go for Boomer when they have such a talented midfield and an All Australian in Toby Greene (Scumbag) as their small forward.

I feel that Benny will stay for an additional year if he prepared to accept a modest salary and if Mitchell leaves. If Mitchell stays then there will be no cash left for Benny
    Mine was a a hypothetical. If they even remotely considered McGlynn, Harvey would be a better fit. Better player. Higher profile. Similar veteran experience if Stevie J was departing. But you're right, their list runs deep & have no real need for a Harvey (or MgGlynn for that matter)

Veterans List
    That was McGlynn's best game for ages. He kicked straight for goal and only did about 2 poor kicks. If he continues like that then why not keep him for another year. He would know he is coming to the end of his career. If he ends up playing in the 2's as a depth player then so be it.

He actually played as a lead up forward that caught the Crows out. Not a role that I have seen him play before. Maybe he has but that was pretty good.

On the Rookie List
    Ben McGlynn has something not many Swan players have. Anger. Laidler has it too. I think we need a bit more of it, especially come finals.

As for keeping him next year. Probably, but he wouldn't be best 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post
    Ben McGlynn has something not many Swan players have. Anger. Laidler has it too. I think we need a bit more of it, especially come finals.

Not the best 22, but we'd need 28 to cover injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    That was McGlynn's best game for ages. He kicked straight for goal and only did about 2 poor kicks. If he continues like that then why not keep him for another year. He would know he is coming to the end of his career. If he ends up playing in the 2's as a depth player then so be it.

He actually played as a lead up forward that caught the Crows out. Not a role that I have seen him play before. Maybe he has but that was pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post

He was as hungry for a win as I've ever seen him.
    He played with such gutso.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.